Thursday, May 17, 2018

Lately 5/17/2018


Skirt (size up if you are at all wide in the hips)// Sneakers  (also here)
Shop the look:

You'll see in the bottom of the post that I have two trips coming up very soon and I'm so excited for Memorial Day weekend! The past few weeks have been pretty uneventful so I'm looking forward to shaking things up! This summer will be busy with lots of fun things and this fall will be one of my busiest yet so I know I need to relish in this slower time because things are about to speed up!

Like I said, this week was uneventful (dare I say boring)... it's been gray and rainy here (and if it's not raining it is soooo humid) so I think it's affecting my mood. Henry isn't loving it either because more rain means less outside time for him.

However, tonight I'm headed to a new-to-me place for my grammie's birthday dinner! My aunt and uncle are in town and we are going out to celebrate! I am excited to be with my family and try a new restaurant. It's the little things!

Wearing: With summer months comes more athleisure looks. Winter athleisure is so easy because you can just wear leggings and a black pullover and call it a day. Summer gets trickier and these pieces make for a cute summer outfit!

Eating: I made pulled chicken in the crockpot with the new Trader Joe's Carolina BBQ sauce (wrote about it last week) and it was SO good. You literally just throw chicken breasts and sauce into the crockpot for 4+ hours and voila. So so easy! The sauce is seasonal, so I'm going to buy a few so I can use it even during the fall/winter! 

Drinking: This week, I was sent Fig vodka (Figenza). I'm very curious to try it as I love figs and even fig scented things, ha! I think it actually might be amazing with ginger beer as a 'fig Moscow mule' type drink. Can't wait to give it a try!

Reading: This article about what people were eating the year you were born is so fun. Tiramisu was the year I was born! I actually don't really even love tiramisu! 

Reading II: I'm looking forward to reading 'You Me Everything'. I love getting really great books during the summer months since it seems I have more time to read! 
Sale-ing: With a holiday weekend just a little over a week away, the sales have already started to roll in. Jack Rogers is having a major sale with a lot of their classic sandals under $70. Another favorite, Ralph Lauren is having a sale where you can take 30% off when you spend $150 or more using code MAY30. I love this navy cashmere tee and this neutral cable sweater. Scroll through the widget above to see more of my favorites on sale.  

Watching:
 What has everyone been watching lately? I've been watching Southern Charm, Real Housewives of New York, and The Handmaid's Tale. Other than that I haven't found anything new but am always looking for suggestions! 

Listening: I'm sharing May's playlist- even though we are over halfway through the month! it's full of fun, upbeat songs perfect for summer! 
Loving: Henry loves his new embroidered pillow! I got it for him because I had a coupon for 20% off at Frontgate and he always wants to sleep on a pillow (like a human). He loves it! 
Wanting: I am sooooo in love with these printed placemats. They remind me of Aquazarra for de Gournay. Do you see the similarity?! Scroll through the widget above to see other things I'm loving! 

Traveling: I'm about to get into a busy travel season and I'm excited! First up, I am visiting one of my college friends (my big in my sorority) in Maryland! She and her husband are celebrating their daughter's first birthday! I went to the baby shower last year but haven't had a chance to meet their sweet little girl yet and I'm so excited! Then, the following weekend, I'll be in Nantucket for a few days! 

Quoting: 'You're still going to get criticized so you might as well do whatever you want.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure