Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Travel Guide: Belmond Charleston Place

Travel Guide: Belmond Charleston Place

I arrived back from my Charleston girl's trip with Katie on Monday and I already wish I was back in the Holy City! Yesterday, it snowed here in Pittsburgh and needless to say, I was not loving that after being in warm weather and sunshine just a few days before! 

Almost 2 years ago to the day, I went to Charleston, South Carolina (see posts here, here, here, here, here, here) and since then, I have always wanted to go back. 

Charleston is like the Truman Show in that everywhere you look, there is so much beauty. The buildings and architecture, the hotels, the storefronts, everything is nearly perfect. Not to mention the weather is mostly pleasant and the food is out-of-this-world delicious. 

Today I'm talking about where we stayed and then in another few posts I will talk about food, sights, and more. 

Katie and I stayed at the Belmond Charleston Place Hotel. With 'Belmond' in the name, you automatically know it's going to be good, but the Belmond Charleston Place totally exceeded my expectations! 

As soon as you walk in, you are greeted by a grand staircase, stunning chandelier, and lovely flower arrangements. The vibe of the Belmond Charleston Place is luxurious without being stuffy. 

Travel Guide: Belmond Charleston Place

Travel Guide: Belmond Charleston Place

Belmond Charleston Place Review

Belmond Charleston Place Review
Location
Located right off of King Street in downtown Charleston, the location is ideal. We were within walking distance of almost everything. Plus, within the Belmond Charleston Place, there is the Palmetto Cafe, Charleston Grill, and Thoroughbred Club. The Palmetto Cafe is a beautiful and bright space which is great for brunch. The Charleston Grill is an upscale steakhouse that would be great for a wonderful date night. The Thoroughbred Club was one of my favorites as it featured plush seating, interesting cocktails, and live jazz!

Belmond Charleston Place Review

Belmond Charleston Place Review

Belmond Charleston Place Review

Charleston South Caroline Luxury hotel

Charleston South Caroline Luxury hotel

Where to Stay in Charleston
Accommodations
We stayed in a double club room which gained us access to the Club Lounge. The club level rooms are located on the top two floors of the hotel and offer beautiful views of Charleston. 

Our room was luxurious and elegant in an understated way that still made me feel at home. It was spacious with tons of closet space-which Katie and I both really appreciated! Another thing that I really appreciated is that there was an abundance of modern amenities such as USB plugs and an iHome, plus a nice hair dryer. These are things that I definitely don't overlook! 

Club Lounge
Situated on the 8th floor, the lounge consists of a beautiful bar, a lounge seating area, and an area where there are food and snacks presented throughout the day. In the mornings, we would enjoy things like freshly brewed coffee and (my favorite) lox bagels. In the evening, we enjoyed things like ahi tuna and sushi. 

Not to mention the bar served up anything you could ever want with top-shelf liquor. The bartender made me one of the best gin martinis I have ever had and it was fun to chat with them because they had some great Charleston recommendations for us! In the evenings, when we would return, there would be a delectable dessert spread. It was almost impossible to resist! 

Amenities
Some of the amenities that we were able to enjoy were the pool and spa. The serene indoor pool is located right next to the spa and the ceiling is actually a retractable glass roof which provides so much natural light. Katie and I both received the 50-minute Swedish Massage and it was absolutely wonderful. Within the spa, they have a small boutique area with some of my favorite brands like Skinceuticals and lots of cashmere and cute athletic pieces. After our massage, we enjoyed the sauna for a bit which was so peaceful.

Besides the pool and the spa, late one night, we also took advantage of in-room dining (aka room service). We ordered the chicken fingers and fries and they were some of the best chicken fingers I have ever had. They were presented beautifully and were the perfect comfort food after a long day! 

Staff
The staff was wonderful. Everyone we encountered was always pleasant and helpful and it really made for a great stay. We always felt very well taken care of! 

Overall it was such a wonderful stay at Belmond Charleston Place and I could not recommend it more! I'm excited to be back later this year because one of my friends from high school is getting married there. Thank you to Belmond Charleston Place for hosting us. 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I've always wanted to stay there! Especially since I've heard so many good things about those restaurants just as standalones (not even from hotel guests)! We've stayed at a downtown condo that shared a garage with the Belmond back in '15 and got to peek in on our way in and out -- swoon. One of my good friends eloped in Charleston and stayed there, too!

Lauren said...

That looks like such an amazing place to stay!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure