Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My Everyday Makeup

My Everyday Makeup



monogrammed makeup case

my everyday makeup routine




One of my favorite things is to try new products... whether that be skincare or makeup. However, it's rare that I find a product enough to keep it in my daily routine. I've found a bunch of products that I love and that are tried and true, so today I'm sharing with you my everyday basics.

These are the products that I wear each week (I don't actually wear makeup every day. I like to give my face a rest!) so they're nothing crazy, but they all work wonderfully. This has been a highly requested post and I'm so flattered when you all DM me and say how great my makeup looks. I think, in part, that is because my skincare regimen is very good and that's really where you need to start.

I feel like I need to preface this by saying that I am no makeup expert. This is just what works for me and these products might not be for everyone! 

This is one of those skincare products that is always in my make up bag. I put it on right before I apply my makeup. It's a caffeine eye serum that is supposed to reduce puffiness and wrinkles. I love the metal head for application because it's always cold and feels so good under my eyes. I also find that this helps keep my eyes moisturized so I don't end up with concealer caking anywhere near my eyes! You can use code 'Sydney' for 20% off! 

No More Baggage
This eye gel is similar to the Tula version but in more of a gel format so it's less 'wet' (if that makes sense). I find it easier to use when you are in a rush because you don't need to wait for it to dry. I definitely notice a difference in my puffiness after I use it!

There is a reason that this has a cult following and has won so many beauty awards. I went through a bout of acne a few years back and was very self-conscious. Because of that, I swear I have tried every single foundation. Now that my acne has cleared up, I don't really need something with tons of full-coverage, but I still think that this is the best foundation on the market. It's considered full coverage, but I find that you need to apply a few layers if you really want full coverage. If 'applying layers' turns you off, I promise it will never look cakey, but it's more to build the coverage. The texture is so smooth and the colors (there are soooo many options) are so easy to blend. I actually just use my hands to apply it because it almost feels like you're just applying moisturizer. Overall, it makes my skin look clear, glowing, and even; like I'm not wearing any makeup but just have naturally flawless skin. This is a great base if you are into makeup and want to add a lot more or if you are simple and only want to use a few products within your routine. I could not recommend it more! 
Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in medium light neutral
This is what I use to conceal under my eyes and any spots I may need to cover up. This is so creamy and the colors are very blendable. This is truly full coverage and will basically cover up anything but it is not heavy. I also find that it doesn't cake in lines, so it looks flawless for a long period of time. I like to use a shade lighter for under my eyes for a more highlighting effect and then my regular shade for anything else I want to cover up on my face. This is a bit expensive so if you are looking for a good dupe, I have found Nyx to be very similar. I feel like the difference between this and Nyx is that Nyx feels like it has a bit too much dimethicone in it... it feels silicone-y, if that makes sense.  

This is the best budget beauty product you can find! I use it in the shade 'banana'. It's great for setting makeup, but I actually apply it under my eyes, the middle of my forehead, and my chin. I basically apply it anywhere my wet products might need to be set (under my eyes) or where I tend to get shiny (middle forehead and chin) I let it sit for a few seconds and then blend. The powder is so fine so it just gives you a really nice, poreless matte finish. Don't let the banana color scare you. I found that with white setting powders, my face would sometime end up looking chalky, but the banana shade solves that problem.

Color Correcting Foundation in golden medium
This is one of my favorites. I think it is what gives me a flawless look that makes me look like I have a filter on my face... and I swear every time I get a compliment, I am wearing this. You're supposed to be able to use it as a foundation, but I will typically apply this as a powder to set my wet makeup and just blend everything. It seriously makes my pores disappear and it never looks cakey. I think you could wear this without any wet foundation as it is a beautiful color, but I just prefer wet foundation! 

Sunlit Bronzer in Capri coast
I used to use Hoola, which is a very popular bronzer... it is matte and bronze without being orangey. However, after a while, I felt like it was making my face look 'dirty' if that makes sense. I went into Sephora and explained what was happening and she said that sometimes a bronzer without any shimmer to it can look too 'flat'. She recommended this bronzer because it has a subtle shimmer but it won't show up shimmery or sparkly on my face but instead just give me more dimension. Sure enough, she was right. I love that it's not too dark, too so I can add more if I wish! 

This is a sample that I got from Sephora and I've been using it ever since. I love the color so much and it's really easy to apply. The name says 12-hours but I actually find that it doesn't last long at all, which is kind of a bummer. When I'm doing my makeup in the morning, I will go overboard so then it will stay longer during the day. It's just such a pretty color so I haven't gone looking for an alternative. I also use this blush, but I find that it skews too pink on my paler winter skin, so I only use it for a nice flush of color on my tan summer skin. 

You need to take my mascara recommendation with a grain of salt because I haven't really used mascara for over 2 years because I have eyelash extensions on my top lashes. I use this mascara on my bottom lashes typically when I am taking photos or going out. I find the brush to be smaller ad great for bottom lashes but I'm not so sure it would be great for both top and bottom lashes. The only reason that I am using it is that I had a sample and I don't need much, so that's perfect. I'll move onto another sample when I'm done with this one... so no loyalty here. 

Brow Powder Duo in taupe based brown
I live for this stuff. It's so good. I use the lighter color on my brows and it's super easy to apply. I feel like you can really overdo it on brows and this helps me to keep in control because it is so blendable. It stays on all day long. I then use the darker color when I want to line my eyes. I rarely line my eyes but when I want a full face of makeup for photos or something special, I find this is a much more natural look than a pencil or marker liner. As a side note, I just ordered this brow gel. My sister had me try hers and I love it. I think it would be great for more of a quick application!

Baked Gelato Illuminator  in gilded honey
This has been one of my favorite highlighters for several years now. It's subtle and easy to apply, plus the golden color really gives your face a nice, warm glow. 

This is one of the newer products in my arsenal. It's a liquid highlighter with subtle shimmer. I apply it below my brows, on my nose, and above my cupid's bow. It's really subtle and in the right light, it just gives you a bit of glow. 
This is one of my go-to lip colors and typically when you guys ask what color I am wearing on my lips, it's this. It's matte but creamy and doesn't dry out my lips. It also stays on for a very long time. The shade babe is just the perfect everyday reddish pink! 

This is one of my favorite lip products ever. It's a lip balm with a hint of color. It's great for every day and it comes in different shades. My two favorites are pink and berry! 

Brushes
I have had this brush forever. Mine looks different than what I am linking to because I've had the brush so long that they have since redone the branding. But they really are the same brush. I love it and it has held up so well! The bristles are dense and very soft. I apply my bronzer with this brush! 

This powder brush is what I use to blend everything together right before I apply blush. It's big and fluffy and the bristles aren't really dense, so it blends gently. 

This is what I use to apply the Brow Powder on my eyebrows and on my lower lash line. It's really fine and has a sharp angle that makes it really easy to apply. 

I love these brushes. I have so many and favor different ones every so often. They're inexpensive and high quality.
Shop the Post:

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I am going to have to try out the 12-hour blush and I love Lip Glow!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Heather said...

I tried the 12-hour blush too, and really didn't think it lasted well at all! I love the Hourglass blushes - they have a bit of shimmer, but nothing really noticeable, and they last REALLY well.

www.theheatherreport.com

joyln said...

Lovely post Plus a great review Will definitely try out 12-hour blush
Best natural looking foundations

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure