Thursday, October 19, 2017

Lately 10/19/2017



What a great week! It was pretty filled, but I was really productive and on top of things. On Monday night, I made a really great spaghetti squash dinner. Tuesday I caught up on This Is Us. On Wednesday I had my meeting for TSA Pre-check, shot some really great content, and had dinner at my cousin's apartment! Tonight, I'm getting together with one of my best friends! We have both been away so it will be so nice to catch up! I'm also excited to catch up on How to Get Away With Murder and pack for my trip to Charlotte.

Pittsburgh-ing: This past weekend, I went to Fire Side Public House in East Liberty. I'm typically very in-the-know when it comes to new restaurants and always want to try them out ASAP. But, Fire Side Public House was one that slipped through my radar. It's a little 'out of the way' in terms of location. Not that it's far away from anything, but it's tucked away behind the East Liberty Target. You can easily forget it exists. But, oh my goodness, the food is so good! I also had the best cocktail I've ever had. It's casual, fairly priced, and the service was good. The only thing that was a bit annoying is that our food came out all at different times. One of my friends was done eating her entire meal well before any of us were served. Granted, we had a table of 10 people, but it's something they need to work on! I'll be back for sure.

Reading: Um...this is definitely dating myself, but does anyone remember Supermarket Sweep?! Callie and I used to watch the episodes in syndication on the Gameshow Network and I was obsessed! So excited to hear they are bringing it back, ha! 

Watching: Freeform's (aka ABC Family) 13 Nights of Halloween starts tonight and I'm so pumped to watch Hocus Pocus. Such a classic. 

Watching II: I just started Riverdale and I am hooked. I had heard so many raving about the show so a while ago, I read the description and thought it didn't seem like something I'd like. Well, I got bored and started it and it really is captivating. It's a teen drama which somewhat reminds me of Gossip Girl but also has a very How To Get Away With Murder type mystery/suspense to it.

Loving: I was sent a bunch of hair products by Wella a few weeks ago. I had never tried the brand before. I'm love trying new products, but when it comes to hair products, I almost always stick to my tried and true favorites. It's hard for a new brand/product to make it into my lineup. WELL... Wella products are SO good. The entire Oil Reflections line is incredible. I have super thick hair that has also been color treated for years. I love products that really moisturize and nourish my hair and the shampoo and conditioner go above and beyond. Another thing that I think is brilliant is that they have two different hair oils. One is their regular oil and then they have a 'light' version. So I use the regular on my wet hair, and if I need some taming when dry, I go for the 'light'. Pretty genius if you ask me. Definitely check out Wella- you will not be sorry! So glad to have found a new line that I absolutely love- it's been a while!! 

Wanting: You all know how much I LOVE pajamas. Well, J.Crew came out with new pajamas and one is the most beautiful shade of pink. Be still my heart!! They also came out with a striped version and it's tipped with red grosgrain. Also obsessed. Andddd they have a shorts version. While I like to lounge in my long pants, I prefer sleeping in shorts. I'll take one pair of each, please! Also, you all know I love Abercrombie. Well, they're killing it again this season! Every time I head to their site, I find so many pieces I love. It's trouble!! Scroll through the above widget to see what I've been loving lately!

Smelling: Spicebomb by Viktor and Rolf for men is a really lovely scent! I just got sooooo many new fragrance samples with a Nordstrom order (seriously like 50 new scents). I am going to slowly go through all of them and let you know which are my favorites in an upcoming post!

Traveling: This weekend I am headed down to Charlotte with my parents to visit Callie and celebrate Mom's birthday! I can't wait! Be sure to follow along on Instastories and Instagram!

Quoting: 'The sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep, and Autumn was awakened.'// See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure