Thursday, September 21, 2017

Lately 9/21/2017


Vest// Striped Shirt
Boyfriend Shorts (old, similar)// Sneakers (also here)

This week, I started off traveling to New Hampshire. I wasn't supposed to get back until tonight, but we decided to cut the trip short as it started to pour on Tuesday due to hurricane Jose. We didn't want to end up getting stuck later in the week! 

New Hampshire was so much fun, I can't wait to share our itinerary with you guys next week! Yesterday I got caught up with e-mails/work and hopefully today, I can get back on track with grocery shopping/etc. 

Wearing: This vest is so cute, right? It's done in a gorgeous textured navy fleece and has patches of cognac faux suede. It is elevated a bit with the beautiful gold zipper. We had a bout of cold weather here in Pittsburgh but now it's back to warmer temps, which makes for great vest weather!

Wearing II: You saw a snapchat photo of me in this striped dress a few weeks ago and today I'm posting a much better photo of it!

Reading: Umm Taco Bell is a very serious guilty pleasure of mine. If it wasn't so unhealthy, I'd eat it way more often than I do. I love love love their crunch wrap supreme and cheesy gordita crunch. SO GOOD. I'm super intrigued by this article saying Taco Bell is going to be creating restaurants with no drive-through and will serve alcohol. Apparently, at least one of these will be opening in Pittsburgh and I am All. For. It. 


Vest (also comes in blue)
use code FALL30, it comes out to be just $70!
Sale-ing: Club Monaco is having a major sale- you get an extra 30% off sale. Use code FALL30. This is usually when I stock up on cashmere and coats. Their pieces can be pretty pricey- but I've never received an item of poor quality. I love that most of their pieces are all neutral and they offer a lot of classic, simple designs that you can wear for years to come. I wanted to specifically highlight this insanely gorgeous alpaca/wool fringed vest. In the photos, it's showing as more white than cream, but in person, it's a beautiful, creamy, winter white. It is impeccably made- and the blend of alpaca and wool make it warm and cozy and very soft- plus a beautiful, luxe texture (the texture also isn't showing up in the photos that well). I think the price for this piece is incredible. I got the vest on sale- and thought it was a good deal then- but now, this vest is just $70; an absolute steal. I cannot recommend it more!

Listening: Last call to follow along with my September playlist- now onto creating one for October! I've been listening to Afterglow by Attom on repeat lately. It's kind of 'chill' but also upbeat, too! I've also been loving Not in a Hurry by Will Reagan

Loving: Umm more like OBSESSED with the PBTeen Harry Potter line. I would have died over this when I was younger- and still am, ha!

Wanting: Vince is a brand that is my weakness. I love absolutely all of their sweaters each fall/winter. They're super pricey, so I usually only end up with one a season, but I live in it. Case in point, last year, I lived in this boiled cashmere sweater (which I will continue to wear this year- they brought it back in more colors), and I'm already living in this insanely cozy cashmere cardigan. I'm just loving each piece this season and it is taking everything in me to practice self control! Scroll through to see some of my favorites. 



Pittsburgh-ing: My mouth is watering as I upload these photos. These are just a few food photos I've taken in the last week or so. I've been eating some realllllly delicious things. From top to bottom: bacon grilled cheese (with tomato dip) from BRGR, deviled eggs from Pork and Beans, and my all-time favorite sushi from Little Tokyo. If you haven't gone to any of these restaurants, I highly recommend them and these dishes. YUM.

Smelling: I've asked you guys for your help in regard to finding candles. I mentioned how my go-to stop for candles is Homegoods but they haven't had anything great as of late. However, I did find one, 'Apothecary Wonderwood'. I can't find it anywhere online, but it smells SO good. Look for it at your local Homegoods! 

Quoting: 'Opportunities don't happen, you create them.'// See more of my favorites, here.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I just saw on Insta that these smell amazing. I bought a small one and the wax melts to try. The person on Insta said it's all they buy for Fall scents and it really makes the entire room smell amazing. https://www.antiquecandleworks.com/collections/standard-line

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure