Thursday, July 20, 2017

Nordstrom Sale Try-On

Nordstrom Sale Try-On
Items Featured In This Post:

This is Post 2/2 of my Nordstrom Sale posts (see original post, here) and it's a highly requested one! Last week, I shared a Snapchat try-on of some of my Nordstrom Sale picks, so now that the sale is officially open to the public, I'm translating my Snapchat try-on to SummerWindBlog.com! 

Since this is the first day the sale is open to everyone, I suggest shopping quickly. Periodically, Nordstrom will restock items, but on the more popular items, once the pieces are sold out, that's it. So to make sure you get your size, work quickly! 

Dress// Pumps (Jimmy Choo, old)
My Thoughts: This dress is something that immediately caught my eye. The stripes remind me of a men's tie and looks like something that Brooks Brothers would design. I love that. It also looks like a classic shift dress from the front but has a fun little ruffle hem in the back. 

Sizing: This dress runs very big. I would suggest sizing down at least one size.

Quality: The quality for the price is excellent. The fabric is very thick and does not wrinkle easily. 

My Thoughts: You guys consistently ask me for wear-to-work outfit ideas and this dress is a really great wardrobe staple for just that. What I love about it is that you can dress for work as I have it styled here, but a quick change of jewelry/accessories can make it work for a bevy of other events.

Sizing: This runs a little big, I would suggest sizing down. I am wearing a size small, but definitely could have gone down to the XS.

Quality: This dress also comes in print options, however, I think the prints cheapen the dress. The fabric isn't the best, but it's nice enough to be able to steam easily and get many wears. 




Jeans// Chanel Ballet Flats 
My Thoughts: I really loved this cashmere cardigan, but I ultimately ended up returning it in favor of this cashmere cardigan (reviewed below). I LOVE the lace camisole. It looks a little like lingerie, so I know some of you won't like that. But I like that it is basic and adds a little texture and interest to an outfit... especially because I wear a lot of all-black outfits, the more texture I can incorporate into an outfit like the above, the better! The jeans fit well, the fabric has the perfect amount of stretch (not too much, not too little) and I love the raw hem cuff. The cuff makes it easy to wear with any type of shoe!

Sizing: The cashmere cardigan runs big, definitely size down. The denim runs true to size and the lace camisole also runs true to size, too. 

Quality: The cashmere is top notch, and while pricey, the sale price sounds about right in comparison to other pieces of that nature. The jeans are a great price and definitely a pair that will stand the test of time because they have a good amount of stretch to them. The camisole isn't the best quality, but for the price (under $25), I say buy one in every color. It's such a closet staple and very comfortable. 


Jeans// Chanel Ballet Flats 

My Thoughts: This cashmere cardigan is a MAJOR winner. The cashmere is so thick and extremely soft and luxe. 

Sizing: The cardigan runs BIG. I would say size down at least one size. I got the smallest size they offer. It is meant to be roomy, but I usually wear a size small and it swallowed me. If you are super petite, I think this might not work for you just because it really is roomy. 

Quality: The cashmere cardigan is very pricey, but well worth the price, in my opinion. It is my #1 favorite thing from the sale. I wore it on the plane to Charlotte and was SO comfortable. I plan on wearing it on the plane to Paris with black leggings and a simple white tee. It's so versatile and jut really an overall high-quality closet staple. 


My Thoughts: At first impression when I received this v-neck sweater, I didn't mind it. But as I thought about it and really felt the fabric, I decided to return it. It is very affordable and I personally didn't want to keep it because I knew I wouldn't get any wear out of it since I'll most likely choose my nicer sweaters over this one. I do, however, think it would be great if you are on a budget and don't have a lot of casual sweaters. The fabric is cheap, but it isn't itchy and doesn't look super cheap. Overall, it's comfortable, but just not for me. 

I ordered these jeans because I've heard amazing things about the brand. I loved the zipper down the side by the ankle because I thought it was interesting and different. I also loved that the ankles weren't perfectly skinny. They look a little different. They're slightly trendy, for sure. 

Sizing: The sweater runs big, but it is mean to fit oversized. I'd recommend sizing down or choosing your usual size for more of a 'boyfriend' look. The denim runs true to size and has a bit of stretch to it. 

Quality: Like I mentioned above, the sweater quality is not up to my standard, but it's also not itchy or thin and doesn't look overly cheap when wearing it on my body. I think if you are going to get this sweater, that you should get it in black. I think that will be the nicest looking option out of all of the colors. The jeans are very high quality- some of the highest quality I've felt. 



My Thoughts: This tweed skirt is gorgeous. The melange of colors throughout the fabric is gorgeous and enables you to really pair a lot with the skirt. This skirt is longer, so it's perfect for a conservative office, but you can also dress it up for a cocktail event or even down for a more casual atmosphere. I love love love the faux wrap look as well as the fringed/raw edges. It really updates an otherwise classic tweed skirt.

Sizing: I think this runs slightly small. I'm usually between a 2 and 4 in skirts and I got a 4 in this skirt and it fits. If you are in between sizes, size up. 

Quality: The price for the quality is out of this world. The fabric is beautiful to the touch and to the eye. I'd easily pay the full price for a skirt of this quality, so the sale price (under $50) is an amazing deal.
My Thoughts: I love this skirt for a holiday cocktail party. It will look great with tights or a turtleneck but also looks great with the simple camisole. It's definitely a wardrobe workhorse in that it's neutral and you can change the look of it very easily.

Sizing: This runs VERY small. I'm wearing a size 4, but could have easily worn a 6, too. Size up at least one size. It's meant to be a true mini skirt. I honestly don't think this would be appropriate for work because it's short and really form fitting (shows off your behind!). Maybe you could get away with it with tights in the winter. It's more of a cocktail skirt anyway because there is a bit of metallic silver woven throughout the fabric. 

Quality: They came out with a tweed skirt last year in this brand (and the year before) and the quality was out of this world gorgeous both years. This year, I think they skimped on the quality. While the fabric is gorgeous and has a lot of depth, it feels thin. It's pretty expensive for a mini skirt, and I still love it, but if you're only going to choose one tweed skirt, the pink skirt that I reviewed prior to this one is higher quality. 


My Thoughts: I got this tee because SO many people were talking about it saying it is amazing. I do love the deep v-neck, the pocket, and the side slit hem (the back is longer than the front). At $15, it's a low price and I refuse to spend a lot on a plain cotton t-shirt. However, I have two other tees that I paid even less for that I actually like better. Ultimately, I kept this tee because the color is unique (it's like a dusty blush), but if you are looking for an inexpensive white tee, I suggest this one or this one

Sizing: It runs true to size. I am wearing a size small in the photos above. It is mean to fit loose/boyfriend-style. I think you could definitely go down a size for a more fitted look. 

Quality: For the price the quality is nice. Its just your average plain tee, but I think it will hold up nicely in the wash and many wears. 

Pieces I did not like:
  • Pumps// I was SO excited about these pumps because they look like a much pricier pair of Jimmy Choo pumps that I have been eyeing. I think my biggest mistake is that I tried on the Jimmy Choo pair prior to getting the pumps, so I knew as soon as I felt them and tried them on, they just really fell flat. The blush is the shade that I chose and I felt that the fabric both felt and looked cheap. I also felt like the shoe overall was not well made and looked cheap- especially for the price. 
  • Dress// This dress is awful. I think it would be great for a very petite woman/girl but it's extremely short and just overall ill-fitting. I did not expect much in terms of quality because of the super low price, but the fabric is very very cheap. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure