Monday, June 12, 2017

Tennis Outfit ft. an Athleisure Must Have

athleisure must haves

tennis outfit ft. patagonia better sweater

tennis outfit inspo ft. adidas ultra boost sneakers

tennis outfit ideas

tennis outfits and the best ahtleisure pieces

I hope you all had a great weekend. I definitely did! Friday night, my parents came to my apartment and we had snacks and drinks. Then, we walked down to Market Square for dinner with our family friends at City Works, a newer restaurant in Pittsburgh. 

Then, Saturday, we went to DiAnoia's for brunch, which has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in Pittsburgh and then walked around the Strip District to grab fresh veggies and meat for a cookout. We then headed to the club to lay out by the pool because it was gorgeously sunny and sooooo hot! And finally, we had a cookout with some friends. 

Then Sunday, I slept in and headed to a family friend's graduation party which was so much fun... they had a bouncy house that I may or may not have partaken in.... Then Sunday night it was a hockey night in Pittsburgh and boy oh boy did they deliver! The Penguins are back to back Stanley Cup CHAMPS! 

Now we are onto a new week! Looks like it is going to be a hot and rainy week... ick. Tonight I am picking up my new car which I am excited about. I got a chance to meal prep a few healthy meals last night so I am making chicken stir fry!

Today I'm coming at you with some tennis/athleisure content since I haven't done anything too recently. I mentioned in a past post that I signed up for 8am group tennis lessons on Saturday mornings and let me tell you- as much as I love tennis, I love my sleep more. It's been a real struggle for me, ha. But luckily, I also have a weekday lesson, so I don't get too out of practice.

I wanted to highlight two pieces that I get so much wear out of: this pullover and these sneakers. I'll go through why I love each item below... 

These are definitely a splurge for sneakers, no doubt, but I promise you they will be the most comfortable thing you'll ever wear. I wouldn't consider myself a sneaker fanatic by any means, but I do have quite the collection. Truthfully, I'm never doing anything so athletic that I need some sort of fancy shoe, but these feel so good that I couldn't say no. They have a really flexible upper material that is very stretchy. This makes them super breathable and lightweight and it really forms to your foot. And the footbed is the most cushioned thing I've ever felt, it cradles your foot. I would actually rather have these on than be barefoot! I suggest sizing down a half size since they have so much stretch and flexibility to them. 

This pullover is the best thing ever. I wear it in the winter with leggings to just lounge in. I wear it under my jacket while skiing, I wear it to workout in, I wear it with athletic shorts to grab coffee on weekend mornings... the list is endless. I definitely suggest the black. The reason being is because I think it looks chic when paired with black shorts or black leggings... simple and streamlined. It will also end up 'matching' with any of your athleisure clothes, too. It's super well made. It is fleece inside and has a sweater-like look to the fabric on the outside. The small zipped pocket on the sleeve is great when I want to stash my earrings/rings when I forget to remove them and also great for a credit card/cash if you're just running out for a quick errand. I've washed and dried it countless times and it holds up so nicely. 

Do you have any must have athleisure pieces I should know about? Also be sure to check out my post about my favorite athletic shorts if you haven't had a chance! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love all of your athleisure posts. These inspire on what to wear for the days when I workout or feel like a sporty vibe. Could you please post more athleisure outfits, because I'm taking two summer fitness courses and a tennis course. The outfits you post help me tout plan my outfits to wear for that particular day. Also, since it is super hot outside ie:90 degrees, athleisure is super cute and comfortable.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure