Friday, June 9, 2017

Sailor-Sailor in Mellon Park

sailor sailor clothing in pittsburgh's mellon park

sailor sailor clothing in pittsburgh's mellon park

mellon park shadyside pittsburgh


mellon park shadyside pittsburgh

sailor sailor marina dress

sailor sailor marina dress

sailor sailor marina dress


Today I am introducing you to a favorite brand of mine, Sailor-Sailor! If you are familiar with Just Madras, Sailor-Sailor was born from the same ladies who started Just Madras! I was a college rep for Just Madras and have been a fan ever since! 

Last month, I got together with Kimberly of Sailor-Sailor (you can read about that, here). It was so great to meet the genius behind the brand as well as admire such a successful women-run business!

It was also amazing to get to try out their gorgeous pieces. In today's post, I am wearing the Marina dress in their flower/chain print.  The fabric is a nylon/spandex blend so it basically feels like you are wearing pajamas. Soft with stretch, it hugs your body in all the right places without being 'tight'. 

It is the absolute perfect dress for travel. You could ball up this dress and toss it at the bottom of your suitcase and you'd still be able to pull it out and put it on without an iron or steamer! I also love that you can actually wear it while traveling because it's so comfortable. When I met Kimberly for coffee, she was wearing her's with a gorgeous cashmere wrap cardigan. Not only did it look chic, but it's a comfortable look for travel, too! 

And another thing? The quality is superb. It's hard to find pieces that are made in the USA anymore and Sailor-Sailor pieces are made in the USA and the quality really stands out. You can see in some of the photos, the prints line up perfectly at the seams!

I dressed this look up with espadrille wedges and wicker clutch, but I find myself throwing on Sailor-Sailor pieces on mornings where I am feeling rushed because you just throw it on, add some Jack Rogers and you look cute, put-together, but still very comfortable. 

As an aside from the outfit I am wearing, we shot these photos in Pittsburgh's Mellon Park. This was my first time there and holy cow. I cannot believe it took me this long. If you are in Pittsburgh, run don't walk to check out this incredible outdoor space. The flowers, the architecture, everything is just perfection. It definitely felt more like the English countryside than being right in Shadyside! It's a great spot for a picnic. We saw several people sunbathing and then saw another couple with a photographer shooting their engagement photos! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute dress! Just checked out their site thanks to you and I love everything! May copy you and get the same dress you are wearing. Haha you picked the cutest one!

Anonymous said...

My favorite park in Pittsburgh :)

Anonymous said...

Who is your photographer?

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this! I'm going to order, but I'm wondering what size are you wearing?

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure