Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Navy Blue Ruffled Top + White Jeans


Blush Espadrilled Wedges (under $100, come in 2 other colors)// Straw Clutch c/o (under $40)

Today's post combines some of my favorite things all into one outfit: white jeans, navy blue, ruffles and straw clutches. It's simple but also so cute, right?

This is the last outfit post from the Bahamas, sigh. However, I've already worn this navy blue ruffled top here in Pittsburgh. In fact, we went out last weekend and I wore it with cream pants brown heels, and a tan suede jacket. It looked SO cute. Another thing I love about this top? I tossed it right into the washing machine and it came out looking just as good afterward! It also made it really easy to pack since it didn't need steaming! It also looks really cute with shorts for a more casual daytime look. I can't wait for it to get warm enough to wear that combo.

I think the key to wearing an outfit like this is balancing out proportions. Since the top has a dramatic a-line silhouette (really almost a swing/trapeze silhouette), it needs to be balanced on the bottom with slimmer proportions. I always think skinny pants of any kind are a safe choice if you are ever stumped as to what to wear on the bottom. I've written about these white jeans a million times before, and they are still my go-to. The slim fit of these pants definitely balances out the top nicely.

I wore these espadrille wedge sandals (under $100) for most of the trip. They are SO comfortable. We walked a lot while in the Bahamas (at least 15,000 steps a day) and they never once bothered my feet. I love espadrilles and in all honesty was looking for something more neutral, but this blush color caught my eye and I couldn't resist. When I was outfit planning with the shoes, I realized they really are just as neutral as something white or brown (you can see more photos of the shoes, here). They match with pretty much everything but look especially great with white and navy (which is what most of my summer wardrobe consists of anyway).

More Bahamas Posts Here:

3 comments:

Belle On Trend said...

this is the cutest outfit ever! I love the top on you and those fun earrings!
xxoo
Mary
www.BelleOnTrend.com

Lauren said...

That topic so perfect!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Chic in Carolina said...

This top is so cute on you, Sydney, and I love how you styled it!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure