Thursday, April 6, 2017

Lately 4/6/2017

Eating: On Monday night, I headed over to my friend Dani's apartment for dinner! She has the coolest loft-style apartment with sweeping city views. She had signed up for Hello Fresh, a meal delivery service. I had never done one before so it was fun to learn how to cook something new. We made salmon with veggies and butter beans and it was SO good. I loved it so much, I decided to try out Hello Fresh myself. As a side note, we also watched the finale of Big Little Lies. SO good. If you haven't watched, I couldn't recommend it more!

Loving:  I am obsessed with Rebecca de Ravenel... not only with her designs but with her as a person. She is so effortlessly chic and has such great taste in everything! I constantly look to her for inspiration! Her latest pieces are out and I can't get enough. From the 6 drop les bonbons to her new handbags, everything is seriously stunning. The handbag is such a stunner and amazingly unique. I love the tortoise details, delicate gold chain, and lush velvet. However, the price is a major deterrent for me since it's such a remarkable handbag (also made of really inexpensive materials: ie. velvet and acetate) I just can't justify that price tag. Boo!


Listening: CHAINSMOKER'S NEW ALBUM COMES OUT TOMORROW! Ok, now that we got that out in the open, April's playlist is in full swing and it's good. I'm road-tripping this weekend, so you better believe that their new album will be on repeat (their concert in Pittsburgh is in just 15 days, wooo!).  

Watching: The movie 'Race', which is the story of Jesse Owens, who won 4 Olympic gold medals at the 1936 Olympics. I watched it this past Sunday and it's definitely worth a watch. The movie is really well done and a powerful and inspirational story.

Wanting: More of these pajamas by Lake. I had heard others write rave reviews about the line of pajamas, but never understood what they meant until I got a pair. They are SO SOFT. Seriously they are amazing. I want all the pairs and just want to wear them 24/7. Could not recommend them more. They're a little pricey but worth every penny. Also, for sizing, I will often size up in pajamas because I like a roomy fit, but these are true to size, so go with your normal clothing size!

Reading: This article from PureWow is not only a fun read, but I'm featured in it (!!!!), so be sure to check it out! 

Reading II: Jenna Lyons is leaving J.Crew. Before reading articles about this, I had no idea she had been there for 27 years!! She literally started working at J. Crew when I was born. I want to know what her anti-aging secret is!! It will also be very interesting to see what happens to J.Crew as this all unfolds.

Sweater// Shorts (currently 30% off)
Wearing: I shared this photo on Instagram the other day and got SO many questions about it (especially about the gorgeous cashmere fringed sweater!), so I thought I would link everything here for those of you who do not use Like to Know It on instagram!

WearingII: I got this black romper the other day and shared it on Snapchat. There were a TON of questions about it, so I'm linking it here. I mentioned on Snapchat (@SummerWind41490) that since the bell sleeves are on the trendy side of the spectrum, I'm going to wear it like that for now, but after this season, I'll have my tailor remove the bell sleeves (which will be really easy because there's a seam) and then it will be a really great basic black romper for years to come... and is especially great because it's under $100. Just be sure to size down. I originally ordered the size 6 (fits like US size 2-4) and had to re-order in a size down and it fits just right! 

Loving: I've always wanted to see the Kusama exhibit and this guy proposed in it... SO cute! 

Loving II: I came across this instagram account, Tish Cox. She is a southern designer and OH MY GOSH. Her pieces are pure perfection. It doesn't look like she has a website up and running, but as soon as she does, I can't wait to check out all of her designs!


Spend vs. Save: I just got the Hermes Oasis sandals for my birthday (which isn't until next week). I've been wanting them for so long. They're so simple and chic and something I'll have forever. I almost exclusively wear Jack Rogers during the summer months (when I'm wearing flat shoes) so it will be nice to have another go-to pair to toss on. I chose to get the Oasis sandals vs. the Oran's because the Oasis's have a small blocked heel which I thought would be much more comfortable with my super high arch than the super flat Oran's! They're a really pricey option for a sandal, but luckily, the slide/mule has been having a major moment for the past few seasons so there are a few really good look-for-less options. Today's is one that looks crazily similar and is under $100!

Spend vs. Save II: So many of you loved this white maxi dress that I featured a few weeks ago. It's a little pricey, though, so I wanted to share this very similar dress. It's stunning and less than 1/3 of the price (under $100)!  If you're in high school, this would make an incredible prom dress!

Quoting: 'It's not what we have in life, but who we have in our lives that matters.'

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love Lake pajamas!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure