Monday, January 2, 2017

Walking in a Winter Wonderland




madewell sweater and gap jeans

snow day outfit ideas

ray ban clubmaster sunglasses

how to dress for winter in pittsburgh

stubbs and wootton ming slippers

Happy happy 2017, everyone! I hope you all had the best holiday season and are ready to start the new year off on the best foot! Today, I am kicking off the year with this wintry post. We have had snow on and off here and I LOVE it! I'd much rather have a little snow on the ground while it is cold, than none at all! My sister and I were hanging out one afternoon and while the sun was setting, we snapped these photos. I braved the cold and slipped out of my coat to show one of my favorite basic sweaters

I lived in this throughout the week between Christmas and New Years. It comes in several colors and is comfortable, casual and neutral. I typically reach for black in the winter months and favor navy in the summer months, but I felt like trying to rock a little navy and white even in 30-degree temps! And dare I say, I loved it (I'm such a wild child, aren't I?!).

I've written before about how I typically get in a rut around this time of year when it comes to dressing, so I'm making an effort to try and mix up my outfits. I really depend on black pants and sweaters... it's kind of like my unofficial uniform of January and February, but I'm going to make more of an effort to rock some dresses and skirts, too! Do you ever get in a rut around this time, too? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally feel like I'm in a rut right now too, which makes it hard to write content! But I am loving how you wore this stripe shirt under a v-neck!

Pink Champagne Problems

Unknown said...

Loving your top!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Chic in Carolina said...

I love how the sweater layers with the striped shirt! So cute!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure