Thursday, January 19, 2017

Lately 1/19/2017

Boyfriend Jeans// Bow Flats// Cashmere Scarf (on sale, under $60)
Wearing: I posted this outfit to instagram last night and this jacket has to be one of my favorite pieces right now. It's SO cute. Not to mention it's beyond warm and comfortable. It has the softest gray fleece lining and comes in 3 colors, but the blush is definitely my favorite!

Eating: Hundreds of you screenshotted this recipe on Snapchat (SummerWind41490), but I am posting it here for those who don't follow along! It's a recipe for riced cauliflower 'fried rice and it was beyond easy, so delicious, and healthy, too! I kind of just made it up based on the ingredients I had in my fridge. You'll need: 1 bag riced cauliflower (I use Trader Joe's), 2 eggs, an assortment of chopped vegetables, ginger powder, minced roasted garlic, Trader Joe's general Tso's sauce. First, in a large pan, sautee riced cauliflower and veggies with a splash of EVOO, ginger powder and roasted minced garlic on high heat for about 10-15 minutes. Second, add in 2 eggs towards the end of the 10-15 minutes. Mix egg until fully cooked. Lastly, add in a few tablespoons of TJ's General Tso sauce for added flavor.

Listening: This past weekend, I found a new-to-me artist, Leif Vollebekk. If you know me or have been reading Summer Wind for a while, you may know that music is my thing. I am always listening to music, always creating new playlists, and always looking for new artists. Leif came across my Spotify Discovery playlist and I heard his 'Into the Ether' and it is the best thing I've heard in a while (you need to get through the first minute before it gets really good). His warm voice, coupled with the atmospheric, full piano sound is just incredible. All this week, I have put it on my surround sound and just listened. It's calming and painfully beautiful all at the same time. I was intrigued so I did a little Google-ing of Leif Vollebekk and he is a new artist out of Canada. The song that was recommended the most was 'Elegy' and is another good one.  The piano is just so pleasant and wonderful. It's just one of those things I can't really put into words, but I so recommend a listen. 

Drinking: This past weekend, I was up at 7 Springs, which is a ski resort about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. The ski conditions were pretty darn awful (rain, ew), so we spent a lot of time in the bar ;) I never drink this unless I'm skiing, but there's something so delicious about hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. I'm not a mint and chocolate person, but it's definitely a good combo in drink form, especially while skiing! Also, a fun little note about my weekend: my dad entered my name into a raffle and I ended up winning a new pair of skis. So unexpected and so funny!

Watching: Have you checked out the video my sister, Callie, put together for me on my YouTube channel? I'm hoping to do a few more videos soon, so let me know if this is something you'd like to see more of/topics you'd like to see me cover!

Watching II: Are you following along with me on Snapchat (SummerWind41490)? I use it to chat back and forth with all of you as well as share things like beauty products I am loving, recipes I try, fun packages I get in the mail and my travels!

Wanting: Not too much caught my eye this week... although, I do admit, I wasn't really browsing as much as usual! Scroll through above to see a few of my favorites.

Reading: Town and Country posted this really cool article featuring a gin tasting chart. Gin is my liquor of choice, so I was especially excited to see this!

Pittsburgh-ing: HERE WE GO! Steelers play the Patriots this Sunday for the AFC championship. If you're not into football, I'll give you a quick run down. The NFC championship game is Packers vs. Falcons. So whichever team wins the NFC game and the AFC game, those are the two teams who go to Super Bowl LI!

Recommending: This might be the most boring thing I've ever recommended, but last week I cut my finger on a Tide Pod plastic container... I mean really, how that even happened in the first place is embarrassing. Anyway, the plastic sliced my right-hand pointer finger (and really deep, too). I definitely thought I needed a stitch or two, but didn't (phew). This liquid band-aid stuff has been saving my finger from infection and helping it to heal. When you can't fully use your pointer finger, you realize how much you rely on it. The liquid band aid is the best because it is an antiseptic, is completely clear and waterproof. It's been a lifesaver!
Loving: This cream foundation by Laura Geller (I have it in medium). I'm obsessed with the Gilded Honey, so I knew when this arrived in the mail, it was going to be good, and that it is! It's super creamy and blends beautifully. It's definitely full coverage, so I don't use it 24/7, but more so when I want to look #flawless.

I've been getting really great feedback from all of you letting me know you'd like to see more beauty related posts, so I am going to try and incorporate more of that here on Summer Wind! I couldn't believe how many of you screenshotted one of my favorite products that I shared on Snapchat! It was one of the most screenshots I've ever received.

Quoting: Hope but never expect. Look forward, but never wait. // See more of my favorites, here.

3 comments:

Nikoline said...

I can understand why you like the jacket so much, it's really cute! <3

TheNormcoreRebel

Jubilee said...

Such a wonderful lately!!!

Unknown said...

Okay I am DYING for that pale pink jacket of yours! So fab.

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure