Thursday, October 20, 2016

Lately 10/20/2016

Quilted Vest on sale for $70, use code STARTSHOPPING (non sale colors here)
Skinny Jeans// Bow Flats (they're old Manolos, similar)// Sunglasses 
Maybe it's just me, but I find it actually crazy that there's only one full week left in October. WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?! You know what that means? Time to get excited for all things Thanksgiving and Christmas (yeah, I went there).

One of my favorite parts of November (that is a somewhat new tradition) is brainstorming our Thanksgiving table. I've taken charge the past two years and I'm going for it again. I really like to go all out and make something beautiful out of it. So my brainstorming has begun! You can follow along with me on Pinterest, if you'd like!

Wearing: I've mentioned this before, but two of my cousins go to the University of Pittsburgh. First of all, to me, it's so weird that they are in college because I remember them being babies! But it's so much fun to meet them for lunch in Oakland! This time, both my sister and I went and it's always so much fun walking around the campus. It really is a gorgeous school and especially right now with all of the leaves changing! The photo at the top of this post is what I wore to lunch (we went to one of my faves, Hello Bistro!). The jeans, oxford cloth shirt and vest are all closet staples for me. I've had similar, if not these exact pieces in my closet since I was in high school. They never go in or out of style and are always comfortable and put together! 

Drinking: I stumbled upon this recipe for a fall cocktail with apple cider using Hendrick's gin. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. I am a huge fan of fall cocktails and typically, you find these types of cocktails made with bourbon or whiskey. While I enjoy bourbon, I'm a gin drinker, so this seems right up my alley! I'll report back!

Eating: This is not really a recipe, but last night I made a SUPER easy and delicious dinner. All you need is Trader Joe's Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, Autumn Harvest Pasta Sauce, Garlic Basil Linguine (you could sub out the pasta for Spaghetti squash for a low carb meal!). The autumn harvest pasta sauce is SO good and paired with the sausage, it made the perfect fall dish. My tip is to add a fresh chopped basil and roasted garlic to the sauce for a more homemade flavor! Easy to make and it made enough to please a crowd!

Loving: J.Crew just dropped some new arrivals, and while nothing really caught my eye, their new line of activewear sure did.

Loving II: Blogger friend, Mackenzie, just added earrings to her shop, Design Darling, that look SO much like my Les Bon Bons! You should all check them out. They are as cute as can be and only $78 (which is a lot less than the les bon bons!). Mackenzie said on her Snapchat that a lot are sold out, but to go to the page anyway and click the green 'notify me' (it's up on the left side) button so you will get notified once they are restocked! I think they'd make a fun holiday gift for someone who has everything!

Pittsburgh-ing: I went to The Skin Center the other day for my first microdermabrasion and chemical peel experience. I have never really had anything like that done before but my acne has been out of control and something needed to be done! The entire experience was actually fun and totally painless. I'm hoping after a few visits, I'm able to get it under control! I'll do a full post once I start seeing results!

Wanting: I have put myself on a shopping ban until I start holiday shopping (which, let's be honest, isn't that long), but these are the pieces that I have been loving. It's taking everything in me to resist this gorgeous blush feather top and this black watch plaid ruffled top.

Listening: I haven't really had too much time to find new music this week. I've been busier than usual, so it has unfortunately been put on the back burner. While I'm working, though, I really like Pandora's Wynton Marsalis station. But one song I can't stop listening to is 'Burden' by Foy Vance (one of my favorite artists). You can also find my October Playlist, here.

Quoting: I tweeted this a few weeks ago and I just love it. Always make time for the people who matter most. //Find more of my favorites, here

3 comments:

Dana said...

Happy Thursday, lady! Always enjoy reading these posts!

Pink Champagne Problems

Erica said...

Please do keep us updated on the cocktail, sounds very interesting! I am also loving the New Balance collaboration with J.Crew so many cute options!!

Lauren said...

Definitely trying that drink recipe!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure