Monday, July 18, 2016

Wear-to-work with J.McLaughlin

j. mclaughlin alicia dress fall 2016






Watch// Cable Bracelet// Navy Pumps// Lip color (in Message)
Sunglasses (free month with code SUMMERWIND)
I've mentioned in previous posts how yellow is one of my 'new' favorite wardrobe colors, especially during the summertime. Besides yellow, I'm still sticking to my tried and true neutrals and occasionally a loud Lilly print. However, I've also started to notice that I have been reaching for pastel blue, too. I've always been a huge navy blue fan and have tons of that in my wardrobe, and this pale blue also happens to pair so very nicely with navy! 

J.McLaughlin just released their latest collection last week and I am so excited about it. It has a slight hint of the fall season that will be here before you know it (like this plaid dress!), but it's totally appropriate for right now. They sent me this great look which I think could work for a lot of occasions, but I styled it as a wear-to-work-then-to-cocktails look. 

The dress itself is so incredibly comfortable. It feels like I am wearing a nightgown (it's made with their Bainbridge cloth), but the fact that it is slightly structured makes it somewhat dressy and definitely work appropriate. The cut of it is a swing dress so it gives off a mod-vibe (aka my favorite and Samantha Stevens would approve). It runs pretty true to size, I am wearing a size XS. If you are between sizes, I would suggest sizing down.

We all know how much I love love love scarves/wraps/etc. I'd say I wear one at least 3 out of 7 days each week and I've actually worn this particular scarf 3 times in one week: once to dinner with one of my sorority sisters that was in town, once to speak to a large group about social media, and then once when I was walking around the city with my sister! All of my outfits wearing the scarf were completely different and definitely on different levels of 'dressiness' and yet the scarf completed each one. Case in point why it is always good to buy great accessories.

I carried this suede clutch which I kept in my tote all day and then pulled out for cocktail hour. It's navy suede and framed in tortoise shell (also available in brown, too!). Tortoise and navy are two of my favorites so I know this is going to get tons of use!

Speaking of tortoise, to top off the look, I wore these cat-eye Prada sunglasses. I am currently 'renting' them from a new-to-me service called Ditto. It is kind of like Netflix (when you used to rent DVDs) where you pay $24 per month and are able to order designer sunglasses as many times as you'd like. So you can wear the same pair for the entire month, or swap them out each week! They generously offered to give me a code to share with all of you. When you are checking out use code SUMMERWIND for your first month free. I think it's a really cool concept, especially because I probably never would have bought these Prada sunglasses myself, but it's fun to wear them for a few weeks! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this blue dress it is so fun for summer! I especially love it paired with the scarf. So cute!

Ashley // MyWellDressedLife.com

Chic in Carolina said...

This outfit is so cute and classy! I love how you styled your scarf!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure