Friday, April 1, 2016

Navy Blazer + Distressed Boyfriend Jeans

navy blue blazer paired with boyfriend denim at the Pennsylvanian in Pittsburgh

blue blazer, boyfriend denim, and breton stripes

navy blue blazer, striped shirt, and distressed denim with Louis Vuitton Speedy 30

j.crew navy blazer and banana republic boyfriend jeans


boyfriend jeans and louis vuitton speedy 30
Blazer// Striped Shirt (under $50)// Nude Pumps


If I had to sum up my style in a few words, it would be classic/timeless with a preppy, youthful, and casual twist. I think having this blog has helped me to step out of my fashion box a little more than I normally would. While trends are not my thing, I sometimes like to push the envelope of my own personal style. 

If you told me several years ago that I would be wearing ripped jeans, I would have laughed at you and said you were out of your mind! But in the past few years, this pair of distressed boyfriend jeans has become one of my favorites and my go-to weekend wear. I know some may think distressed denim is not a big deal, but it is for me! 

A lot of times, I can look overdressed or my very classic outfits can age me, and I think these distressed boyfriend jeans tone things down and also keep me in my age range. The outfit you see above is pretty much a weekend uniform for me. I wear this exact outfit often and that's because it's comfortable, seasonless, and mostly classic! 

The pieces in this outfit are all made up of staples, so you should be able to recreate this at home no problem! If not, it's definitely wise to have a navy blazer, striped shirt, boyfriend jeans, nude pump, and classic handbag in your arsenal! With those items, you can mix and match and create many different looks! 

The denim I am wearing runs large as do most boyfriend style jeans! I am wearing a size 25 and usually wear a size 27. I usually size down at least one size, if not 2 sizes in boyfriend style jeans. I also have these boyfriend style jeans (on sale!) from the same brand, but since they are a different wash, they fit slightly different and I got a size 26. 

If you are looking for a great pair of boyfriend denim, I've got you covered and rounded up all of my favorites. Starting with distressed denim, scroll through the widget above! 


If distressed denim isn't your thing, I've also found several pairs of clean-cut boyfriend jeans that I just love! The relaxed fit of these jeans brings a move casual vibe, but having them without any holes/rips makes you able to wear them in more situations (like maybe to work on casual Fridays!). 

1 comment:

Stella Cadente said...

Distressed jeans aren't really my thing, but I love this look!

xx
Lauren Elizabeth
Petite in Pearls

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure