Monday, April 4, 2016

Gold Button Back Top + White Jeans +Jack Rogers Sandals






Top (has the prettiest gold buttons down the back) c/o// White Pants



If you've been a long-time reader of Summer Wind, then you'll know that I am obsessed with the 1960's sitcom, Bewitched. The character Samantha Stevens (Elizabeth Montgomery) is definitely atop my list of style icons. In fact, I have all of the seasons on DVD and watch the episodes often for inspiration. 

This top reminds me of something Samantha Stevens would wear. It has somewhat of a mod vibe to it with the color blocking and cowl neck. I paired it with my absolute favorite white pants (last seen here) and Jack Rogers gold sandals. I topped off the look with classic clubmaster sunglasses which give another nod to the 50's and 60's! 

I love that this look is every bit as current as it is a throwback! It's definitely an outfit you could have worn vacationing in Palm Beach in the 1960's but looked great for an afternoon of exploring Charleston with the girls in 2016! I think this top will look adorable with white chino shorts as soon as the weather permits! The gold buttons on the back of the shirt really make it special and a stand-out, don't you think?! 

This denim is a bit of a splurge, but seriously worth it. I already wrote about how hard it is to find a great pair of white denim. Not only does the fit have to be perfect, which is already hard enough to find in 'regular' denim, but the white can't be too thin or opaque or clingy! This pair feels just like a 'normal' pair of denim. The fit is absolutely perfect but the best part is that the white is thick and opaque. You cannot see through the material at all... and I'm super picky when it comes to this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really great outfit, girl. Loving the Bewitched inspiration - that top is just gorgeous. And I love those JR sandals! I need to invest in a pair for summer!


Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Heather A. said...

Love that top almost as much as I love Bewitched! It's been one of my favorite shows since I was young- I just night have to get those DVDs too so I can watch anytime!

xo Heather
Sweet Tea Jubilee

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure