Thursday, December 17, 2015

Lately 12/17

Snapped at the William Penn Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh while grabbing some coffee! 

Wearing: Coach is having a sale so I picked up these black booties and these nude pumps. I had a gift card from forever-ago that I gladly used. I really like Coach shoes. The price for the quality is always a great deal.

Watching: The trailer for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them has been released. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Can you believe it has been over 4 years since the last Harry Potter movie was released? So ready for the wizarding world to come back!!! 


Wanting: It's almost Christmas and I've pretty much wrapped up all my shopping that needs to be done-- but you know me, I always love to browse! These are just some of the things that have caught my eye lately. I love a good cashmere wrap and I am soooooo excited they released a navy and white stripe version! How perfect for spring or fall by the water! I am also so in love with these grey suede flats. They look so expensive and the price tag is not!

Smelling: Each year around Christmastime I get a new perfume to wear in the new year. I like to think that anytime I come back to that smell, I am reminded of that year. This year, I haven't picked a smell yet, but think I am going to go with Chance Eau Fraiche. I've always really liked the scent, but I think it is about time I make it my scent for 2016. My tried and true are Carven and No.31 (on major sale) and for everyday wear, I swear by this Caudalie spray.

Drinking: Alert for those in PA, wine and spirits stores have Chandon on sale for $16.99! That's a steal! Needless to say with Christmas Eve/Christmas/New Years coming up, I stocked up! They also had a lot of options for splits and half bottles. Not everyone loves champagne (They are missing out!!!) so when others are opting for white wine, I still prefer bubbly. Opening up just a split or half bottle is great, so then I don't waste the rest of the bottle!

Pittsburgh-ing: I just went to dinner at Nola, which is a restaurant in the Market Square area of Pittsburgh and I have to say I was underwhelmed. I went a few years ago and really liked it, but it is getting nixed from my Best of Pittsburgh list!

Loving: These women are SAINTS! They run a doggy retirement home called House With a Heart. Mac is an old dog, he's about 14 now and we love love love him so much. I can't imagine people want to give up their dogs just because they've gotten old! It's so wonderful these women are taking such great care of these loving pups.

Eating: Since I'll be in DC this weekend, I am hoping to have time to eat at Shake Shack. I love love love SS and love traveling to places with one! My parents and sister have never had SS so I'm excited to share the yummy-ness!!

Reading: Life Magazine's 100th year tribute to Frank Sinatra. As you know, I am Frank obsessed (hence my blog's name!) and was so excited to see this magazine while in the checkout line at Target!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Thanks for the tip on the Chandon, I will be stopping by the state store ASAP!

Laura | Laura Aime Vous

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure