Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday Perfect Pout: Bauble Bar x Vaseline

Bauble Bar x Vaseline






I love to rock a red lip-- especially during the holiday season. The only problem is that red is hard to apply; especially when you have dry or chapped lips. To avoid this, I try to exfoliate my lips a few times a week as well as moisturize every single night before bed. It's a routine I have been doing for years and it definitely helps make a red lip easier to apply! 

There are many companies that sell lip exfoliator (like this one for $22), but they're pretty pricey and not to mention, they dry out before I can even finish the tub! A while ago, I looked up a recipe for lip scrub and never looked back. I use it every few days and it works like a charm. 

Here's what you'll need:
  • Honey
  • Olive Oil
  • Brown Sugar
  • Vitamin E pod
Directions: mix a tablespoon (or two) of brown sugar, a teaspoon of honey, teaspoon of olive oil and break open a Vitamin E pod. The measurements are not at all strict, you can play around with it until you find the perfect consistency. Mix thoroughly. The Vitamin E isn't necessary, but I like to add because it has anti-aging power! 

Apply: I apply with my fingers and scrub gently in circles at night when I have a clean face and then rinse with a warm cloth. Be forewarned-- this does NOT taste good, so keep your mouth closed, ha! 

After I exfoliate, I apply Vaseline's Lip Therapy before I go to sleep. It's super easy to apply and since I have sensitive skin the 100% pure, triple purified vaseline never makes me break out. I keep it right on my bedside for use every night. How cute is the limited edition Bauble Bar x Vaseline jar? Vaseline sent me a jar and it's the same Vaseline product but the packaging is inspired by both brands for the holiday season exclusively on Bauble Bar's website! I think it would make the cutest stocking stuffer--especially for girls who aren't yet old enough for 'real lip color', but the sparkly packaging will let them think they are getting all dolled up ;) 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Vaseline. The opinions and text are all mine.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure