Friday, December 18, 2015

Festive Party Outfit ft. a Little Black Skirt

little black skirt

black womens taffeta skirt

j.crew hammock 5 strand pearl necklace



I can't believe we are a a week away from Christmas day! As much as I love Christmas day-- and the entire reason for the season, I just love the time leading up to December 25th and I am so not ready for it to be over yet. SO, my mom, dad, sister and I have packed up and are in DC for the weekend! 

Instead of getting them more 'stuff' this year, I decided a fun trip to the Capital and a stay at the gorgeous Willard Hotel would be a perfect way to kick off the week of Christmas! It will be so fun to be together for the weekend and enjoying all of the decor in DC. Fun fact, my parents got engaged in front of the Capital Christmas tree, so it will be fun for them to visit! Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Snapchat (SummerWind41490). 

As for this outfit, the black skirt is something I wanted to highlight. This was a church outfit and while I styled it to be very Christmas appropriate with the plaid shirt and red pumps, a great black skirt is one of the foundation pieces of a great wardrobe. It can be worn for work or play, dressed up or dressed down.. really the options are endless! 



The one that I am wearing in particular is made of taffeta, so it's a little on the dressier side, but I found the absolulte perfect black skirt to start you off on the right foot. It's at a great price point, the quality is great and fabric is year round. Plus the silhouette is fun as well as slimming. Scroll through above to see some of my other favorite picks! 

Do you have the perfect little black skirt? Where did you get it? Have a fabulous day! 


7 comments:

Unknown said...

SO perfect. Love the skirt

Kisses from www.poshnessary.com

Unknown said...

Adorable! I think I'd re-think the red shoes with black legs, try nude legs instead.

Dana said...

Perfect holiday look, Sydney!

Pink Champagne Problems

Unknown said...

So freaking beautiful! That skirt paired with that flannel, though? ON POINT.


Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Lauren said...

Love the plaid shirt with the black!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Caroline @ In Due Time said...

so pretty! I love your necklace!

Unknown said...

Such a great looking you are. very nice.
african lace

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure