Thursday, October 1, 2015

Lately 10/1

First of all, Happy October! Can you even believe we are in the full swing of fall now? This week (and into next week), my goal is to switch over my closets from spring/summer to fall/winter. It's always a huge project and this time I am purging a ton. I am ruthless when it comes to getting rid of stuff. I never hang on to things and always give them away and this time is no different. I'm trying to simplify things-- so let's hope I succeed! Today I am headed to Kentucky to visit my sister. We are planning on going to Keeneland, tailgating and possibly going to the Woodford distillery! I'm so excited--be sure to follow along on Instagram and Snapchat (SummerWind41490)!

Wearing: Remember the sweater in the photo above from last year's outfit post (RIP to my beloved Clubmasters)? Well, it's back in stock! I just pulled mine out of storage and am so excited to wear it again! I had just bought this dress in blue a few weeks ago thinking it'd be perfect to tailgate in and cheer on the Cats on Saturday-- but it's supposed to be cold and possibly rainy!! I might make it work, but I'm thinking jeans and rain boots will be necessary! I just got this blazer and this vest, so I am hoping that I'll get some wear out of these items!

Smelling: I popped into Target the other day looking for a small hostess gift. I spotted this cute little candle arrangement and it smells so good. At $14, it's a great option to spruce up your own home for fall, or bring to someone else's home!

Watching: I'm dying to see The Intern. Since I'm visiting my sister, Callie in Kentucky this weekend, if we ever have some down time, we will go and see it! Has anyone seen it yet? One of my girlfriends said it was great. I'm particularly interested because the writer that wrote the Holiday also wrote this movie-- I'm a huge fan of the Holiday!

Eating: I always talk about how obsessed I am with Hello Bistro, well... they now have Pumpkin milkshakes. They are SO good. If you are in Pittsburgh, you need to run to your nearest HB!


Drinking: Ok, I waited this long to include it.... a PSL. It's been out for a few weeks now and I've finally gotten one. Check out my hack, here to cut the calories and sugar. Although they have updated the way they make it, I can't tell too much of a difference! 

Listening: It's only day 1 of October, but I've already started my October playlist on Spotify. I love the discover feature that Spotify introduced a while back. My playlists each week are always really great and I usually pull around 5 songs from each week!

Pittsburgh-ing: Did you check out my review on Andy's bar in the Fairmont? It's worth the read and the visit!

Reading: If you are an iPhone user and have updated to the latest and greatest iOS, this is worth the read. It's what setting you need to switch off to avoid huge usages of data! I have yet to update because I need to backup my phone, first! Once I forgot to backup and lost everything. It was not a fun experience-- everyone back up your phones!

Loving: This Bobbi Brown brow gel (in brunette) is a miracle. I've been using the Anastasia brow wiz (in carmel) forever, and while I love this, I find that Bobbi Brown to be quicker and easier to apply with almost better looks!

Wanting: All things plaid. Cannot get enough. I love this plaid shift that is under $100. I would buy these shoes in a heartbeat if they weren't so pricey-- they are to. die. for.

Also, Tory Burch is having her sale event. You get up to 30% off with code FALLEVENT. I tried these on in the store and they are gorgeous

5 comments:

Danielle said...

So thankful for the article on the new IOS! I had no idea and have been using up my data like crazy.

Portuguese Prepster said...

Loved that outfit! Will have to check out the sweater.

Domestic Engineer said...

Thanks for the heads up about the wifi assist. I pay for my college kids phone plans and I have a feeling we could have had a huge bill not knowing about this. Also, your blog is darling.

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater... how does it run/what size do you wear? I like those sweaters slightly over-sized but not too large looking!

Erin said...

Target is amazing right now! Like I want everything!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure