Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Buffalo Plaid + Pleated Skirt




Buffalo Plaid Flannel (under $100, $20 version)// Leather Skirt// Chanel Flats (similar)

I love flannel. I love plaid. Mix the two together? A match made in heaven. This buffalo plaid shirt is a new favorite in my closet. Buffalo plaid is surely a classic, but the fit on this has been updated. 

In the photos above, I am wearing it tied up, but the fit is actually more of a slouchy boyfriend look! I'll be sharing another way to style it in posts to come (it's long enough to wear with leggings), but I really like the mix of flannel and leather. It slightly dresses up a rather casual shirt! If you're not a red fan, it also comes in black and white check. The fit is slightly big since it's not meant to be fitted-- I am wearing a small. 

Not only is a buffalo plaid shirt a closet-staple for fall, but this skirt has gotten more wears out of anything else in my closet in the past month or so. It goes with so many things and is appropriate for so many occasions. I can't wait to pair it with chunky sweaters and cashmere as the weather gets even cooler! 


Shop other buffalo plaid pieces above (Target just released an entire buffalo plaid collection, worth checking out!!). Have a fabulous day! 


4 comments:

Laura said...

I love buffalo plaid! I wore a similar plaid and leather combo recently and I agree its a great fabric combination! Love those Chanel flats too (swoon)

Laura

Laura Aime Vous

Erin said...

I love that top and skirt!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Jasmine Riel said...

Such a cool combo of edgey, laid-back, and classy! Great outfit, girl!

Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit, I love that skirt!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure