Thursday, August 13, 2015

Nautical Style + Gauzy Beach Pants !








Striped Shirt (old, similar)// Gauze Beach Pants



I basically wore a  variation of this outfit every morning when we headed down the 15 steps to the dock (see instagram post here with a slight variation) last week. I bought these 'beach' pants  on sale on a whim and I am so glad I did. If you are looking for a gauzy, easy, chic coverup, then this is it and the price can't be beat, too! I will say, these are strictly a coverup as you can see through them quite a bit-- but it totally works with a bathing suit! 

I loved them for the lake in the mornings, when you need to be a little more covered up due to the chillier mountain temps. I would often go down to the boat with a book and sit on the dock enjoying the morning until it was time for lunch. Once lunch time rolled around, it was hot, hot, hot and time to shed the coverup layers and lay out to catch some rays. Can everyday be like that? Coffee, reading, tanning, swimming, boating, cocktails, repeat? Sounds ideal to me! 

I rotated between this giant canvas tote (which I also use as a carry on for flights) because it could hold anything I would need for the day, and this striped nylon tote with leather accents which is smaller. I am glad to report, that I actually set aside a lot of reading time and got through three books! Have a fabulous day


5 comments:

Stella Cadente said...

You look so comfortably chic! Love this!

xx
Lauren Elizabeth
Petite in Pearls

Erin said...

I love that tote! So cute!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Lauren said...

I have been on the search for a pair of pants like those! I will have to check them out!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Jasmine Riel said...

I am in love with those pants and I have also been wearing stripes non-stop. Love this!

thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

such a great look! Comfy, yet still put together!
xx,
Allie
allaboutaph.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure