Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Black and White Summer Work Outfit









I work in a pretty conservative office, but it's also refreshingly casual during the summer months. However, when I have a lot of meetings, I always make sure to dress up and look more 'business' than usual. I fell in love with this top, but couldn't justify it unless I could find a way to wear it for both work and play. Lo and behold, I made it work with a business staple: a black pencil skirt. 

The top is slightly on the cropped side, so a higher waist bottom is necessary which is why a pencil skirt works so well with it. I also love this top for the weekend when I pair it with navy shorts for a clean, classic summer look. Since it is sleeveless, it is great for when I head outdoors for lunch or when I walk to my office, but it can be a little cold with the office air conditioning. To make sure I don't  freeze throughout the day, I always have this cashmere wrap at my desk. It's perfect! 

The shoes, if you haven't noticed already, are my go-to. They're pretty much seasonless and are the most comfortable of flats. The slight heel gives it a dressier vibe and they are so well made that I will be able to wear these for years. What do you wear to work during the hot summer months? Have a fabulous day! 

3 comments:

Chic in Carolina said...

Love this outfit (along with everything else you wear)!

xoxo,
Katie
chicincarolina.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Cute! Love this look and your shoes!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

Unknown said...

I definitely agree that it's important to have pieces that work for both work and play! I don't buy anything unless I can wear it on the weekend too!

Cynthia
Darling Down South
Find me at : instagram

PS Check out our linkup today on the blog! Find the direct link here

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure