Monday, December 22, 2014

Mambo Italia, Sewickley





One of my favorite things is trying new restaurants. Mambo Italia in Sewickley (a suburb of Pittsburgh) just opened up this summer.  I recently went and cannot get enough! There are a lot of neopolitan pizza restaurants in Pittsburgh (Italians, represent), and I feel like I've tried them all. Il Pizzaiolo was my absolute favorite, but let me tell you-- this has taken my number one spot. 
My friend Amanda and I started off with the burrata and prosciutto and it was incredible. The burrata was chilled perfectly and the bazil was fresh and the EVOO and salt paired so well with everything.

 We each ordered our own pizzas, because Amanda has Celiac's and can only eat gluten-free. For those who are gluten-free, it is a very GF friendly restaurant. Amanda had the Margherita pizza and I had the Mambo (prosciutto and arugula) and it was sooooo good. The crust was out of this world, and I'm one of 'those people' that doesn't really eat pizza crust. 

Not only was the food the best, but the atmosphere was adorable, too. It's located right off of Beaver Street which is already quaint and adorable itself and the inside of the restaurant is warm and cozy. Not to mention, it is BYOB (which is the best)! Amanda and I walked to the liquor store right before dinner and grabbed one of our favorite bottles of pinot noir. All in all, I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in Pittsburgh. It's a great date-night spot and also would be great a great place to bring out of town guests to.

Next up, Amanda and I are going to try the Slipper Mermaid and Vivo Kitchen... stay tuned. Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

3 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

looks charming and delicious

Unknown said...

I need to visit this restaurant! I've tried a fair few pizzas in Pittsburgh, but so far none have come close to the pizzas in Italy. This one could be the one!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful write up on Mambo! I happened upon your site by accident and it brought a smile to my face. We look forward to you stopping back in!

Patrick Kaderka
Chef, Mambo Italia

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure