Monday, December 15, 2014

Lately

I haven't done one of these in a while so I thought it'd be prime time to talk about what I've been up to and what I've been loving!


So the Glade Marketing team is going to be pleased because their campaign is working. Who else is obsessed with this Christmas song? Buying a Glade candle on the other hand... not so much. But hey, brand recognition, right?

I work in the largest office building in Pittsburgh; which is kind of awesome. There are all sorts of things going on in the building at all times. One of my favorites is that they have a pianist that plays in the beautiful lobby during lunchtime. But my most favorite part? They go all out with extravagant Christmas decor. I love walking in the door every morning and feeling full of Christmas cheer. This is one of my favorite trees! 

 Heres is photographic proof that you can wear bright colors, even in the winter! I wear cabled sweaters all winter because they are so versatile, classic and cozy. I paired this particular cable knit with a Murfee scarf and the J. Crew dannie pants for work and it was a super simple and casual outfit.
Post work I headed to Arsenal Lanes (in Lawrenceville) with my work team and it was so. much. fun. I had never been to Arsenal before and it was awesome. I want to start bowling more often! And I probably should, because I could really use the practice ;) But this was a great outfit that seamlessly transitioned from work to play! 

I'm so in love with this scent. I was at Nordstrom going to pick out a scent for Christmas, and was dead set on Ferragamo Signorina. Well, the salesperson showed me some other scents and I think this is the best smelling scent ever. So my 2015 scent is: Carven L'Eau De Toilette. I've already had some of my guy friends compliment me on it-- which means it is a winner! 

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm so not a fan of the iPhone 6. I got a case for it, but I never put it on because it makes it even bulkier. During the weekdays, I just carry it around case-less, but on the weekends or if I go out at night, I make sure to have a case. So I decided to add a monogram to my phone... because you know, I can't get enough monograms. This is a just a navy vinyl sticker from Etsy! 

I popped into William-Sonoma the other day while Christmas shopping and fell in love with these tartan napkins! Would make for a great hostess gift!

Last week I went to dinner/happy hour every single night. Needless to say my social calendar has taken over. But it's so much fun to see friends and also try new places. I'll have to do a round up of all of my new favorites but Urban Tap in the Southside area of Pittsburgh has become a favorite to grab drinks and snacks. I am a huge fan of gin martinis and I judge a place based on their martinis. Soba still makes the best dirty gin martini in the city, but Urban Tap's martini was pretty darn good-- they had blue cheesed stuffed olives and even brought us a bunch after all 7 of us were raving about how good they were. Yum


We had a bachelorette party for my bff, Dana, a few weeks ago. It was so much fun celebrating with great friends and delicious drinks. I can't wait for Dana's wedding in April!!!! I re-wore this J. McLaughlin feathered skirt. I styled it casually last time I posted about it, but this time, I dressed it up. It was perfect to wear to the Speakeasy in the William Penn and then to Shadyside!


I just started Spotify a few months ago and I've quickly adapted to the platform. I love it and definitely recommend it to music lovers everywhere. I'm super impressed with myself for this playlist. James Bay is a new favorite of mine. His songs are just so good-- somewhat Ed Sheeran-esque with some acoustic vibes, but also has a bit more of a pop-y flavor. My favorite James Bay tune is this (ohhh the lyrics). This playlist is a little bit all over the place (I mean it's got Ed Sheeran but also Mac Miller and then it has a song called I Can't Stop Drinking About You (HAH!).. very all over) but I love it. Take a listen if you are looking for a new playlist.

Did you know, I love, Mac? Now that that's out in the open, we can play 'how many treats did it take to get this photo'? About 1230981209832901. Not even exaggerating... well, maybe slightly. 

If you are looking for a great holiday color, look no further than this OPI color. It's a deeper red than I usually go for, but I have been getting so many compliments! I get a gel manicure every two weeks, and I went two appointments with this color. I'm not sure if I will get it for a third appointment in a row, but I just love it! 

What have you been loving lately? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love the silk shirt you're wearing with the feather skirt-- where's it from? :) jill

Belle, Christina said...

Great pictures - it looks like you have been having a lot of fun, lately! I am jealous of the office building you work in - my building is pretty dull; it would be so lovely so have a pianist and Christmas trees around - I think I would never be in a bad mood with that around! :)

~ Christina
http://mabellechristina.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Love seeing what you're up to! Still obsessing over that feather skirt - need it;) Also, I'm just a liiiiittle bummed you don't like the iPhone6. I get mine next week, and I don't want a bulky phone! (insert dramatic emoji)

Pink Champagne Problems

Laurie Anne said...

Love that nail color. Did you get a gel mani over the opi polish?
:)

Unknown said...

Love that feather skirt!! I have the rollerball of that Carven and love it. You should try Chanel Coco Noir--it's my all time favorite/signature scent. Especially for evening and holidays--I get so many compliments on it.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure