Friday, November 7, 2014

Bad to the Bone: Styling a Leather Jacket





Leather Jacket (old, similar)// Denim// Flats (old, similar


I think the easiest way for me to describe the way I style something that is a little edgier or trendier than my typical style, is that I wear a 'normal' outfit and then add in the trend. 

So, for example, this outfit in the above photos is super basic. It's a a simple cabled crewneck sweater, cashmere scarf, dark denim and ballet flats. But, when you throw on the leather jacket, it instantly becomes trendier and, in my opinion, chicer. This is also a great example of a way to incorporate a leather jacket into your wardrobe during the day. 

I used to only wear it out at night with my friends when we would go to bars, but the jacket it surprisingly warm and I've started to rotate it into my daytime wardrobe, too! I wore this after work to grab dinner and drinks! How do you style a leather jacket during the day? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

4 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

love this look and your lip color!

The Style Storm said...

I love that leather jacket!
The Style Storm
<3, Christina

Ellen | A Pop of Pink said...

Love the leather jacket. It's a great addition to this outfit and just the right amount of edge. I also really love those flats. I'll have to keep an eye out for a similar pair.

Ellen | A Pop of Pink

Pleather and Sparkle said...

Love this! A leather jacket is one of my favorite "edgier" pieces.

xoxo, colleen
Pleather & Sparkles

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure