Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wearing a Cozy Sweater to Work

It has already started getting pretty chilly here in Pittsburgh. We've had some mornings where I get up for work and check the temps and it is in the low 50's. After last winter, I have been stocking up on warm and cozy sweaters for this upcoming chilly season... I hate being cold and I'm going to make sure that I'm nice and toasty this fall and winter! 

Luckily, J. Crew has had some pretty beautiful options when it comes to keeping warm. Not to mention, they are having a 25% off sale and an extra 30% off of sale using code SHOPFORFALL. Many have asked that I post some wear-to-work outfits, so this is definitely one I sport to the office during the fall season. I've really been having a grey moment-- a lot of pieces I've been choosing for fall have been in that hue. I think it work so well when it comes to office wear! The sweater is a bit dressed down, so if you work in a more conservative office, this might not be the option for you. However, I also plan on wearing this on weekends with my favorite distressed denim and ballet flats.


 Necklace (under $30!)
I have been wearing this necklace non stop. It's super understated and simple, but it adds a little shimmer to any outfit. Perfect for the office when you don't what anything too distracting! 

My Mansur Gavriel tote has been the absolute most perfect work tote. I love the removable pouch and love the strap that it attaches to. It makes finding things in such a big tote super easy. It also sits on the floor/on a chair very easily. I love the structured nature and the quality is unsurpassed... plus the red on the inside is a such a fun surprise and makes seeing what's inside the bag super easy. I was actually originally planning on getting a Louis Vuitton Neverfull, but decided on this at the last minute. I love that it has no identifying branded logo and also love that it is half the price of a neverfull (literally) but made of quality leather. 

What do you usually wear to the office? Any musts I should know about? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

9 comments:

Dress in Sparkles said...

This is such a perfect fall outfit! Love the look of the more cropped sweater with the longer oxford!

Xo Kylie
www.dressinsparkles.com

The Style Storm said...

LOVE that sweater! Great fall look!

The Style Storm
<3, Christina

Lauren said...

I saw that sweater at J. Crew the other day! It is so perfect for fall!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Unknown said...

You look incredible. I have been obsessed with that sweater ever since I saw it at the store and have been lusting after all of the different colors. The blue looks so vibrant on you and I love how you styled it.

I recently got my hands on a Mansur Gavriel bucket and it is the best thing so I can only imagine how amazing the tote bag is!

www.lastylenysmile.blogspot.com

Vi Nguyen said...

I love how you styled the sweater for work! The outfit looks polished but also relaxed at the same time.

Lucym said...

Do they sell the Mansur Gavriel with the red lining? Whenever I look online through your link, it shows the tote without the red lining. Thanks.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Lucy-- I believe all Mansur Gavriel totes are sold out everywhere! I can't find any online retailer that has them in stock, I'm sorry! I had to pre order mine and wait for it to arrive!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great post! Just a quick question: is this the large tote that you are wearing? Tnx!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Anonymous, thank you! Yes, it is the large!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure