Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summertime Date Night









Picking out an outfit to go out on a first, second, or third date might be the hardest thing in the entire world. I mean, you don't want to be overdressed, but you don't want to be too casual. Not too conservative like you're dressed for work, but not dressed like it's spring break circa junior year of college....there's a fine line and it's hard to judge what to throw on to make the best impression. 

I wrote about how I wasn't going to talk about dating/guys on Summer Wind a few weeks ago (actually, that was over a month ago... where in the world does the time go!?!?!), but I got a ton of requests to feature what I would wear on the first few dates with someone. 

Above is a super easy date night look for the summer. Navy and white is my go-to summertime color combination. White brings out a great tan and navy is a less harsh version of black. Country Squire Haberdashery sent me these Lilly Pulitzer white pants and scarf/wrap. I paired it with two finds from Ann Taylor. I randomly popped into the store last week when they were having a huge sale and got lucky! I never shop at AT and rarely find anything when I stop it.. but this time it was like a jack pot! And can we also talk about how I got these leather wedge sandals for $45...the last pair in the store happened to be my size. No joke. Deal of the century!! What do you wear on dates? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

11 comments:

eslagle said...

White and Navy are my favorite colors, and I love this wrap!Perfect for a summer date night!
xx-
Cathleen
Classy Cathleen

Portuguese Prepster said...

perfect look, flirty without being over the top!

Alex Carreno said...

Seriously loving this look. That wrap is beyond. Will need to take a look at Ann Taylor because I am loving that top!

www.adoredbyalex.com

Heather A. said...

You can never go wrong with navy & white! Love this look!

Lauren said...

I always love a navy and white color combo! Your scarf is beautiful!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

linda said...

gorgeous as always.
-linda,ny

Anonymous said...

So simple, yet playful. Just perfect! Have fun! -KLV in PHL

Anonymous said...

I comment on your blog every single day. You never once have responded. WHY blog if you don't interact. It is pathetic.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Anonymous! I can imagine your frustration, I apologize for not responding. I try my best to respond to questions that require a response-- e-mailing or asking on Tumblr is the best way to get a response! I promise I try my hardest :) Thank you for your input, though, I appreciate it!

Ally Pratapas said...

Love this outfit, such a great combo!

xx Ally
admiredbyally.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! I went to the website where you got the wrap around - white & navy and I can't find it. Bummerrr. Great find 😍😍

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure