Monday, July 7, 2014

Stripes and Whites

Sometimes Mac needs to get in on the photo action. 








Top/ Shorts/ Vintage Belt (similar here)/ Sunglasses
Sandals/ gold cuff/ cable cuff
Did you happen to catch my guest post over at Krista's blog, Covering the Bases? I was sharing this outfit while she was on vacation! 
I scored the Nantucket red striped top (as seen on Instagram) on major sale and instantly knew it would be the perfect casual summer look. I paired the top with white chino shorts from Country Squire Haberdashery (last worn here) which have definitely become a summer staple and threw on a vintage belt from Bermuda that my dad got on my parents' honeymoon. This is usually what I change into post-work during the week or what I wear running errands on the weekends. It's simple, comfortable but also still looks put together like I made some sort of effort! 
And we cannot forget about the cutest part of this entire post: Mac... he hates having his picture taken. He can tell when you are trying to take a picture of him and he runs in the other direction, but sometimes he will play along. Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

9 comments:

Gramspearls said...

S,
Did you have your tailor shorten the RL top or is it a petit? I'm short waisted and his tops are way too long on me. That one looks to be the perfect length.

Thanks, Kathleen

Hannah said...

I just love how cute and casual all your outfits are!

http://www.thepolishedpearls.com

Christine said...

Love the striped top! Might need to go ahead and purchase it! As always, love your outfits!!

Unknown said...

Cute shirt! And your pup is adorable too! Love your style!

www.sensiblysharp.com

Pick Your Beau said...

Mac is adorable! How do you get your hair to stay so well teased? Mine always seems to fall flat in the summertime.

kTm
Pick Your Beau

Holly said...

That's such a cute top! I wish it were cool enough here for something with sleeves. When I get home I can hardly bring myself to put on anything except a swimsuit!

Lauren said...

Cute Fourth of July outfit! I hope you had a great weekend!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Anonymous said...

Vaguely obsessed with your watch in this post. Do tell us the what and where... -KLV in PHL

Alexis said...

The outfit is adorable.. I also love your watch! What brand is it?!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure