Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Playlist of the Moment

I really really like music. Ok, so that's not really groundbreaking and almost everyone enjoys some form of music, I guess. But I am always listening to music. I use the 8 track app like it's my job to find new songs and artists that I like. I like all genres of music and love to hear suggestions on what other people are loving/listening to. I think my friends probably get sick of me always talking about what I like and the hidden gems I find. 

I've also been a little stressed out lately and I find that listening to upbeat music (and occasionally dancing around my kitchen in half pjs/half work clothes) is a great way to relieve stress. 

Not to mention my friends and I had a great sing along on Friday night after we got back to my bff Lauren's apartment from a night out. There's nothing more fun being with friends, dancing around and singing after a few cocktails... surprisingly, the guys got really into it!

So with that said, here is the play list I have been listening to recently. I have major song ADD so it's pretty long but perfect for the commute to and from work. As always, this list is completely random and every song sounds better when turned up loudly on great speakers ;). 

Hold On- Colbie Caillat (this is a turn up and dance around song, for sure)
At Last- Beyonce (this version of an Etta Jame's Classic is SO good)
Levon- Elton John 
Somebody Loves You- Betty Who (a great song to belt out in the car)
Home- Sundy Best  (cCm recommended this Kentucky based band and I love it)
Tenerife Sea- Ed Sheeran (I am too embarrassed to even share my play count on this one) 
Magic Man- Waves
Vienna- Billy Joel (I've been on a major Billy Joel kick lately)  
Thoughts from a Balcony- Mac Miller (an obsession I will never be able to explain... I can 'rap' every word to Missed Calls and Donald Trump, HA! Needless to say, play this with caution as the lyrics are entirely inappropriate.) 
Wake Me Up Down Under- Avicii/Aloe Black/ Men at Work Remix 
I See Fire- Ed Sheeran Kygo Remix (I love Kygo remixes)
Sexual Healing- Marvin Gaye Kygo Remix 
He Mele No Lilo- from Lilo and Stitch (I told you this playlist was random)
Adore You- Miley Cyrus (I hate that I like this song and I actually can't stand the music video but can't lie, the song is on my playlist) 
Give Me Back My Hometown- Eric Church 
Girlfriend- Icona Pop  (a fun cover/remake of Jay-Z and Beyonce's Bonnnie and Clyde) 
Feel the Love- Hoodie Allen (this is SO good, especially the chorus) 
Random Access Memory- Daft Punk Vanderway Remix 
Constant Conversations- Passion Pit St. Lucia Remix
Wild Horses- Rolling Stones
Says She Loves Me- AER (they just came out with their latest album Jan. 21st, very catchy... Feel I Bring is my favorite and reminds me of summer)
In the Open- Benjamin Francis Leftwich
Replay- Zendaya (poppy, top 40, upbeat goodness) 
Little Black Dress- One Direction (my favorite from Midnight Memories... ohhhh Harry) 
Benny and the Jets- Elton John (play it loud... live versions are the best) 
New York State of Mind- Billy Joel  (wish I was headed to the city for nyfw, but alas, work takes priority... love the live version, too, especially Tony Bennett's appearance)

So what are you listening to? I'm always looking for recommendations! Have a fabulous day! 
Yours,

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Great playlist, I love so many of those songs!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

Portuguese Prepster said...

thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new playlists to work out to!

Unknown said...


You can't go wrong with this beat! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ba_qTPA4Ds

Unknown said...

You can't go wrong with this beat! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ba_qTPA4Ds

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure