Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Subscription Boxes

Subscription boxes are kind of old news, and I have never really been into them. Recently, I decided to subscribe to Birchbox for the heck of it and upon receiving my first box, I was bored. Really, I was. The products were definitely not tailored toward the survey I filled out and there was really nothing that impressed me. 

I really wanted to like Birchbox, too, because I love travel sized products. Samples are great for tossing into a handbag or for traveling. I also love trying new products and samples are the best way to discover new products to add to your daily routine. 
I lasted two months with Birchbox and then decided to call it quits. Then, I was introduced to Beauty Box 5 which is basically the same thing as Birchbox... except I kind of like this. 
Birchbox is $10 and Beauty Box 5 is $12. Both Birchbox and Beauty Box 5 give you 5 samples. 
I liked that Birchbox sent higher end  brands but seriously, Birchbox, I don't want a piece of chocolate as one of my items. 

Beauty Box 5 sends anything from drugstore brands to higher end brands which is nice because you get to try out all different things. I also love that they send you full size items. They also even send you coupons.. and a lot of the coupons are to exchange for a free product... some of the products that they send aren't even available in stores yet, which is pretty neat!

So, if you are looking to gift a subscription beauty service this Christmas (which is a fun gift to give), I would suggest Beauty Box 5
Have you tried Birchbox or Beauty Box 5? Any other fun subscriptions I should know about? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 

7 comments:

Annsterw said...

You should seriously try ipsy!!
They are the best and believe me I have tried them all!
I also agree whole-heartedly about Birchbox...I was disappointed every month with that one.

My Life as A Plate said...

I have always felt the same way about these boxes, and have seen a lot of the birch boxes my friends get and don't love them. This one sounds more up my alley, I love that they include new products and a large range of brands. I may have to subscribe! Thanks for sharing.

Katy @ Classic Katy said...

I can't quite get hyped about the subscription boxes. Birchbox, Stichfix, any of them. I have so many unused travel and full size products that I never finish or use, that it seems easiest to just purchase what I want and be done with it. The Beauty 5 box definitely seems like the better of the two though! Do you think you'll continue to use the products that they sent?

McKenzie Wild said...

I gave my sister Birchbox last year for Christmas. Then I found out about Ipsy box and got it for my mom. The Ipsy box was better than BirchBox!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

YOu have to try New Beauty Test Tube. I have been subscribing for years. Full size products . I love it. The best of them all xo

hannah g said...

To be honest, Birchbox is one of the most disappointing boxes on the market. ipsy is WAY better, boxes are usually valued at $50-$60 each month and it's only $10. Every brand featured provides a coupon, so you can use them even if you didn't receive that product. If you create a free account on ipsy's website, you will receive an email with all the coupons each month, even if you don't purchase a subscription.

I sound like an advertisement! But I researched subscription boxes for a few months and came to the realization that ipsy and PopSugar Must Haves are the best subscription boxes out there.

Amanda @ Subscription Maven said...

I have tried a lot of different subscription boxes and I adore Birchbox, Beauty Box 5 and Ipsy.... for very different reasons. What appeals to me about Birchbox is their points system. Reviewing 5 products equals 50 points or $5 to spend in their shop on full-sized items. (you have to spend a minimum of 100 points or $10 to redeem your points). I save up my points and go shopping on their website for great high end products and can usually get a nice free product or sample with my order. Beauty Box 5 is nice for a lot of good drugstore brands and a few higher-end products, but they tend to send a lot of the same brands in their boxes. Ipsy is also nice because of the values of their bags. Usually between $30 - $60, plus the makeup bag. A lot of their products are targeted toward younger people, but I have two sisters I gift products I don't use. At the end of the day, I think it all depends on what it is you are looking for in your makeup subscription box. Personally, I would rather go for PopSugar as a great overall lifestyle box that usually includes a makeup item or two!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure