Thursday, December 19, 2013

Odds and Ends

I feel like I've been all over the internet this week. I thought it'd be fun to share some bits and bobs because they're just too fun and interesting not to share (be prepared to be hopping all over cyberspace because this is a link heavy post). 

Yep, you can customize your own phone case with CaseMate. See my full case here. Also, selfie is Dictionary's word of the year.... this photos is paying homage. 

It's been on repeat the past week or so (when I'm not listening to this playlist). I'm obsessed. Such an upbeat song.  

A cute, inexpensive little vase
Fill with flowers. Makes a great housewarming/hostess gift. 

Little Talks Cover
I don't watch the X Factor (except when One Direction performed Story of My Life) but this duo, Alex and Sierra are SO good. Definitely worth listening. 

10 Things You Didn't Know About Home Alone
This is fun. Home Alone is my favorite Christmas movie. That house is my dream house-- it's a Georgian style house located in a suburb of Chicago, Winnetka, IL. I love the way the house was styled with the mix of wall papers and colors. Second runner up is the Father of the Bride house (located in California). That house was style flawlessly as well. 

Does Anyone Remember Growing Pains?
I used to watch this show in syndication when I was in grade school/middle school considering the show ended when I was  just 2 ('92). I loved it and just rediscovered it. You can watch it on Amazon. I need more show recommendations. I am not a big TV watcher but my favorites (Homeland and Scandal) just ended so I need something to get into... Growing Pains and Christmas movies are holding me over for now. 

These Arts of Work Are Incredible
Your jaw will drop. 

This Table is Awesome
As a nightstand/end table or just in a corner, it is cool. Totally want this not even because it can hold tons of books but because each shelf could by styled in a fun way! 


Top 25 Skills 
Linked-In posted about 2013's top 25 skills to get recruited for a job. These are great to look over and throw into your resume (if they apply) so you are picked up through searches! 

The Skimm
Do you get the Skimm every morning? I think it's a great to get your daily dose of information of the going on's in the world. I read mine on my way to work (don't worry it's when I'm sitting in stop dead traffic). It's basically a few articles about news making headlines but they are written in layman's terms and are only about 10 lines long.

J. Crew: Extra 40% off sale
J.Crew needs to cool it with the sales. My wallet resents these darn sales. Nonetheless, I want this deer sweater, stat. Club Monaco is also having a killer sale. 

Ten Penny Opens
If you're a Pittsburgher, you'll want to hear about this: Ten Penny opens this weekend and I am excited because it sounds perfect (helloooo.. oysters). 

Ok, so I've exhausted my link sharing for the day. What articles/fun reads/bits and bobs have you found recently? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

6 comments:

Courtney Elizabeth said...

I'm so with you! Father of the Bride house is my favorite. Thanks for sharing these :)

PinkSenshi said...

I love the custom phone case! I may just have to do that with my blog logo too!

Hunter
Prep on a Budget

Portuguese Prepster said...

no no no why did you have to tell me about that sale?!

Marla said...

Take a look at the house in Stepmom--perfect!!

Lauren B said...

Have you ever watched the show The Facts of Life? It is about a group of girls at boarding school. If you are into shows during The Growing Pains Era, I'd highly suggest it! It is on Amazon as well. You sort of remind me of Blair in terms of looks--I think it is the hair! :)

Abigail said...

You must watch Dawson's Creek on Netflix!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure