Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Martini Time

What you'll need:
Hendrick's Gin, Green Olives, Cocktail Shaker, olive pick

 Cute moose olive picks via William Sonoma.

 The provisions for your martini sipping night: Meats, cheeses, vegetables, and fruits. 


In past posts, I've discussed many different cocktails and my drinks of choice. Well, recently my drink of choice has been a Gin Martini. I like it dry, straight up and super dirty (bonus points if the olives are stuffed with blue cheese). While I love Tanqueray, Hendrick's is my go-to for martinis. I think Tanqueray pairs well with citrus so it is great for a G&T but in my opinion, Hendrick's is more flavorful with olives.

A martini is not for everyone. Especially because one or two can knock your socks off. It is the perfect drink for sipping paired with a great charcuterie platter. Do you drink a martini? How do you like it? Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

3 comments:

Shrimp and Glitz said...

LOVE martinis! I have never had a gin martini, but LOVE Hendricks gin so I may need to give it a try soon!

Portuguese Prepster said...

Love this post! My boyfriend is a big martini fan and how pretty is that cheese tray?!

K. Schoeneman said...

Marvelous post-especially your analysis of tanqueray vs Hendrick;)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure