Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Summer Wind Playlist: Spring 2013

If you have been reading Summer Wind in the past few weeks, then you know that I have absolutely been itching for warmer weather (see here and here). Well, it has finally arrived and I never want it to leave! It is so liberating to go coat-less or need to blast the heat in the car. It's the little things, right?

I have an hour commute in the mornings and evenings during the week which is a bit of a pain, but it's nice to be able to decompress. In the mornings, I drive into the city and one day it was so warm and sunny, I couldn't help but be anything but happy. Well, there are songs that are so perfect for this weather and I just have to share what I've been listening to lately. One song in particular, Dissolve Me by Alt-J is my new go-to song. It is upbeat but definitely different and not something that a radio station would play... definitely one of my top favorites as of right now. It's one of those songs where you just want to roll the windows down and turn the volume up. See past playlists  herehereherehere here and here.


You can start playing the playlist on YouTube! Here is a quick bulleted rundown :

  • Dissolve Me- Alt J
  • Runaway- Mat Kearney
  • Things I Haven't Done- The Good Husbands
  • Mirrors- Justin Timberlake
  • My Number- Foals
  • Pompeii- Bastille
  • Beach Blonde- This Century
  • Chocolate- The 1975
  • Heart Skipped a Beat- The xx
  • Friday Night- Eric Paslay
  • Shine On- Florida Georgia Line
  • How country Feels-Randy Houser
  • When She Says Baby- Jason Aldean
  • Runnin' Outta Moonlight-Randy Houser
  • Sure Be Cool if You Did- Blake Shelton 
  • If I Lose Myself-One Republic
  • The Yacht Club- Owl City 
  • Fool to Think- Dave Matthews Band
  • Intro- The xx 
  • This Kiss- Carly Rae
  • Get Out- Casey Abrams
  • Can't Hold Us- Macklemore
  • Floats My Boat- Aer
  • Chasing Summers-Tiesto
As you can tell, I'm loving a little bit of everything! An app that I love for iPhone is the 8 Tracks app. It's kind of like Pandora but the playlists are created by the users. It is how I have been discovering songs I would never normally find. You could be listening to an average playlist and then out of the blue, you'll catch and epic song. When I find a song I like, I screen shot it and then download songs in bunches, at a later time. 

What have you been listening to lately? I'm always looking for suggestions.
Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

1 comment:

Portuguese Prepster said...

I love 8 tracks! I've been the get fit for Summer run playlist!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure