Friday, December 28, 2012

Sephora Crazed

I was cleaning out my handbag last night when I realized I have been carrying around far too many products. In fact, just the other day, I was in Sephora and I reached the VIB beauty insider level... that's when you know things have gotten out of hand!!! Now that Christmas is over, I thought I'd give a makeup update on products I have tried recently. 

If there is one thing I have learned, if there is a makeup product that you love, buy several (aka "stockpile") because for some reason, makeup companies love to discontinue products and make things limited edition. For example, my beloved $9 Maybeline pulsating mascara... discontinued. Luckily, I had purchased about 6 tubes. However, a few months ago, I ran out. I found a new product that I think works just as well (and I bought another 6 tubes). It is the L'Oreal Voluminous Fiber Lash. At $9, this stuff does the trick. I never bother with fancy mascaras or pricey versions because I go through it so quickly. My requirements for a good mascara:
-no clumps
-easy application
-easy removal 
-Less than $10
-Available at Target/Drugstores

My next favorite discontinued item is the Sephora buildable concealer. I only have one compact left and it is the best. I had to find a new favorite and the salesperson in Sephora helped me to choose 2 items. I got the YSL Touche Eclat in #2 (for under eyes) and Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer. I love them because they are in stick form so I can easily toss them in a bag for on the go application. 

This BareMinerals eye shadow compact is fabulous. The colors are great, but the fact that the little pots snap in and out makes it even better. I use the whole set at home when I am sitting at my vanity, but there is one color that I love so I snap it out for travel or throwing into my handbag (can't seem to find it online, but it is in BareMineral stores!). 

I purchased a few more products from Sephora that I will highlight next week... or else this post would be a novel! What products are you loving? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

My brother got me a Naked palette for Christmas and I'm obsessed!

Portuguese Prepster said...

I have so many points at Sephora it's a problem. When I was able to get an entire set of stila products for free, my boyfriend just shook his head at me.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure