Thursday, July 19, 2012

So Clutch

1 2
3 4
8 9
If I ever say that I need a new clutch-sized handbag, then I have truly gone crazy (look at this one from Southern Beaus!!!). The above picture is of just a few of the clutches that I own. Now, in my defense, the two on the top were "college clutches" which were inexpensive and meant to be spilled on and misplaced.... except that never actually happened to either of them. What can I say... I'm careful!
(Blogger won't let me flip the first picture.. WHY?!). Anyways, I just had to post about this clutch find. The other day I was walking through Macy's and I spotted it in the sale section for $50. I have been looking for a neutral, dressier/trendy-ish clutch to use when out at night. This one was inexpensive and had an expensive/luxe look to it. 

Usually, I am not into buying "cheap" handbags (I'm a bit of a handbag snob). I like real leather, name brand/designer. However, since I was going for a more trendy look to take out with me, I didn't want to spend a lot. I have a very similar Kate Spade bag but I don't like to take it out at night because it is too nice for bars... People need to learn how to keep their drink IN their glass! I digress...

This is a brand that Macy's carries called Olivia and Joy. I have never heard of it but they had a really cute section in Macy's that caught my eye. I was also debating on whether or not to purchase the Swanky Satchel in green (It looked like a $300 handbag). However, I decided that I needed to save my money and add to my Louis Vuitton fund (yes, this exists). Anyways, the above clutch, named the "Rendezvous" is fabulous (fabulous clutch, weird name.. someone on the naming committee needs to get booted). It has just the "edge" and grown-up look that I was going for and is also huge! This clutch is something I think I will keep my necessities in and then toss it in a larger bag/tote when I'm on the run.
How do I store all of these bags? I have several of these woven baskets that I use. I had them in college and used them for other things, but now they are perfect for storing handbags. I also have a really large storage bin and two entire shelves in my closet to hold all of my other handbags.. but that's another story for another day ;). 

Have you shopped Olivia and Joy? How do you store your clutches? Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

10 comments:

Tory Banknell said...

Haha I have a Louis Vuitton fund too! Such cute clutches, love them all

Tory Banknell said...

Haha I have a Louis Vuitton fund too! Love your Gigi clutch, so cute!

Portuguese Prepster said...

o trust me I have a purse problem too! Ever since I was little I was obsessed with collecting bags from classic designers. I keep those on display high up in my closet and I keep my more casual bags and "college" bags in baskets like you!

Grace said...

Ah, I need to start a Birkin fund, hahahaha! Cute clutches, I actually use a similar basket to store mine!

linda said...

You are so neat! Love how you store your bags!
-linda,ny

Melissa said...

I am in search of a new clutch. I love the Southern Beau one and have been eying it since you first blogged about it. I just feel it's a 'summer' clutch and I want something I can use year round.

Something Delightful by Rachel Timmerman said...

I start so many funds, but they usually end up going to other things haha. I'm officially starting a NYC fund from now until I go in November. I did this last year, and it actually was successful! The bin you store your clutches in is so nifty! I could really use one of those for my clutch collection.

-Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I want that 4th clutch!!!

Anonymous said...

I every time emailed this website post page to all my associates, since if
like to read it after that my friends will too.
Feel free to surf my site Canada Goose Outlet

Anonymous said...

I enjoy what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and
exposure! Keep up the fantastic works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.
Here is my web blog ; Canada Goose Parkas

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure