Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break Continued!

I started my spring break at about 6:00pm on a Wednesday, and got the rest of that week and then the following week to relax, spend time with my family, and with bEw and his family at his beach house. I feel like I did so much, I don't even know where to begin.
I had a bright blue margarita which was quite tasty!
I ate so much good food. Needless to say I need to hit the gym after this break! Above were my Asian noodles from a noodle place in Fairfax-- SO yummy! 
 One night, my parents hosted a cocktail party and there was so much food it felt like Thanksgiving times ten!
 I tried the statement nail again but still feel like it looks like I accidentally painted one nail. Not to sure this "trend" is for me! On a side note, I tried the Sally Hansen nail stickers and hated them! I know they have received many great reviews but mine chipped easily and were difficult to put on. I think that my nails look much better when I just paint them myself.
I was very active this spring break so a lot of my outfits consisted of casual outfits that were easy to move in.
While at the beach, I scored two Old Navy boat neck, striped tees. I have been looking for these everywhere but finally found them! To my bad luck, I cannot find the boat shirt from Old Navy! It is driving me crazy!
More delicious food! Turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and mayo on a toasted wheat bread with Cape Cod chips!
My dad went on a short business trip and brought back each of the girls in the family something special. I love the opal and amethyst ring he brought back for me! My mom and sister each got their first pair of cowboy boots.
I finally had my hair done. It was MUCH needed. I always have anxiety about getting my hair done. I'm not sure why because my stylist is amazing and I have been going to her literally forever and she has never done anything I didn't like, however, I just get so nervous!
I tried some Dogfish head beer and liquors. I am not really a beer or vodka person but it was fun to sample lots of different offerings!
I updated my spring wardrobe with an array of brights and patterns. I am loving all of the bright colors-- however the neon I see everywhere is just not for me. It reminds me of old 80's style clothing or rave parties...I just can't find room for neon in my wardrobe. But don't get me wrong, I love it styled on others! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

9 comments:

Rob & Lindsey said...

I love your monogram necklace- I am dying to have one! Is it the same brand you blogged about recently or a different brand?

Portuguese Prepster said...

Looks like you had a fabulous break! yum the food pictures are making me hungry!

Kelly said...

I love that monogrammed necklace! And I got the same shirt form old navy a few weeks ago! IT's super comfy, isn't it?

Melissa said...

That ring is so pretty! I'm not a fan of the neon trend.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Lindsey- Thanks! It is from Swell Caroline... but be warned, it takes a while to get after ordering!

Kelly-- The shirts from Old Navy are SO comfortable! I couldn't believe it!

Grace said...

Loving your outfit! And those Old Navy shirts are darling.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like a fun Spring Break! I'm with you..this neon trend is NOT for me!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Love the new spring additions to clothing!

Anonymous said...

Hey I was wondering if you remember where you got your loafers??? I've been looking for cute ones!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure