Monday, December 12, 2011

Study Break


For all of those whose final weeks have begun, or have just ended, take a break and watch this Christmas classic that is on YouTube in 2 parts.

Once you're finished watching the first part, the link will pop up for part 2. The total thing is about 30 minutes-- a perfect long break. So grab some coffee or hot chocolate and pop in your headphones and watch away. I have found that this is way better than going on Pinterest, reading blogs, tweeting, Facebooking, etc. because it reminds me that it is the holiday season and reminds me what Christmas is all about. It also doesn't take much brainpower at all. Another plus is that you can watch it anywhere-- I may have taken a break right in the middle of the quiet room in the library watching this and no one even knew!
Good luck to all of those who have finals week. I have:
  • A 10 page paper (this is the one that I've been tweeting about-- it was actually fun to write because it's about Tommy Hilfiger's ad campaign and analyzing it based on certain concepts from the class that I'm in... I got to cite Lisa Birnbach (The Official Preppy Handbook, True Prep) and F.E. Castleberry (unabashedlyprep.com). Sartorially speaking, it's one preppy paper!
  • A persuasive speech to give (this one is another fun one-- I am giving a speech about my best friend in the entire world: my Australian Cattle dog Mac and why everyone should adopt from shelters!)
  • A cumulative science final (12 chapters on physics, chem, organic chem, etc. ...this is going to be SO hard-- I am NOT a science person so prayers and well wishes are sincerely welcome!)
  • A 20 page paper for another writing course that is going to be a killer.
  • Between all of that, I have to pack, sleep (hopefully), and eat. HELP! 
“The reason why some people give up so fast in life, is because they look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have come. When you feel like you can’t go on, remember why you held on for so long in the first place. Never give up hope; have faith in God… but most of all believe you can do it.. because you can”
I keep reading this quote over and over again... it is helping me to be motivated and finish my second to last semester of college with success! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Good luck with your week! Sounds like you are so busy!

kelseaf said...

Love the quote, very appropriate for finals. Good luck with all your work!

Kristine Elizabeth said...

Good luck this week!

Anonymous said...

ahh good luck!! that sounds like so much work!! this is my last week too until winter break and i have a ton of assignments due as well!!

Amanda said...

What an inspirational quote to get you through this busy time! So glad to hear you're sticking to it, and good luck with the workload!

Rachel from Love a la Mode said...

Good luck on everything! That was me last week...

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure