Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yeah I'm a Northern City Girl


If you haven't heard of Steve Moakler, then you're in for a real treat. I absolutely love his music and have for so long! I first fell in love with him when I heard "Stay Sound". It was one of  his first songs and I still love it to this day.


I was lucky enough to be able to meet Mr. Moakler himself because he played at one of my best friends graduation parties in 2007 (he's really handsome!). Well, I just had to blog about him because of his song "This Ain't Rock 'n Roll".

BFF, lMe, just introduced me to this song because she said as soon as she heard this song, she thought of me.
I drive a compact SUV with a (street ford) engine inside. And I think the
Union won the war but I respect your pride
.
And I don't chew tobacco but man I'll drink your beer, I was born up above
The Dixie line and I ended up down here
.
I'm not country but I like the country, I know where I'm from. When I hear
Your songs on the radio, I start having fun. I'm so down with deep fried
Chicken; Jesus saved my soul. Yeah I'm a Northern City boy
and this ain't
Rock and roll.
I don't like watching NASCAR but God bless the number 3. I cheer on the
Pittsburgh Steelers
, I don't watch the SCC, I don't shot guns or ride
Horses but I'll give 'em both a try. If Johnny Cash ever heard this song I
Bet he'd start to cry. I'm not country but I like the country, I know where
I'm from. When I hear your songs on the radio, I start having fun. I'm so
Down with deep fried chicken; Jesus saved my soul. Yeah I'm a Northern City
Boy and this ain't rock and roll.
No ooh oh I like pretty southern bells and I like to take things slow but
My cousins are NYPDs and I can drive in the snow. Yeah I grew up playing in
The dirt up where it ain't red and I got one pair of cowboy boots but they
Ain't going to my head
. I'm not country but I like the country, I'm not
Saying that I'm a real dude. And when your songs come on the radio, I like
The way I feel. I'm so down with deep fried chicken; Jesus saved my soul.
Yeah I'm a Northern City boy but this ain't, no this ain't rock and roll,
This ain't rock and roll ohh oh oh, here we go.
Well, lMe was too right. This song is great and it describes a lot about me! I'm not surprised though because he went to a rival high school and then moved down to Nasville.  Just like me (except I'm in Virginia, not Nashville)!
Recap of my weekend is coming to you tomorrow so be sure to stay tuned! I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures from this weekend.
 High school bff, eMf and I at The Guards in Georgetown.
Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

4 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi There!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! I wanted to come over and visit your blog. Might I just say, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE?!!!! I just adore the variety in your blog! A girl after my own heart! I am now your latest follower; and I invite you to follow me to! Many blessings to you!!

Stacie said...

Ooh, I like! I'm adding him to my want-to-download list. I'm a small town girl from the midwest, and I like a little bit of everything in my music, even country. :)

Elle & Em said...

We LOVE your blog!

Feel free to check us out. www.elleandemonline.com

Legally Brunette Kate said...

Cute song! Love this...thanks for sharing!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure