Monday, September 5, 2011

Georgetown


Several weekends ago, I went to Georgetown and spotted many neat things like this Jack Wills car. It reminds me of the Lilly Jeep!
I dined at The Tombs, right near Georgetown University. Thank you to all who sent me recommendations through e-mail and Twitter-- This was a GREAT one! I loved every bite of my seared tuna salad!
The food was not the only great thing about The Tombs! The decor was very neat-- it almost looks as if it was designed by Ralph Lauren. Lots of old sporting pictures and a very varsity/ivy feel to it.
bEw got a chicken caesar salad and said it was delicious as well! Another great thing about The Tombs is that all of their wines were extremely inexpensive!
After dinner, we headed back into Georgetown to meet up with bEw's friends that he went to school with. Since bEw is a native, he made me walk down the "Exorcist" stairs as he calls them. I am embarrassed to say that I've actually never seen the movie, but he said that these stairs were made famous in the movie--pretty neat!
Georgetown was just a little better that night too because the Steelers were also in town!!! 
 I love Georgetown and am definitely keeping it on my list of possible places to work when I graduate!!! Do you love Georgetown?
Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe


7 comments:

Legally Brunette Kate said...

I live less than ten minutes from Georgetown so I'll have to check out that restaurant...the tuna looks delicious!

legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ah love the Jack Wills jeep I've always wanted to spot it! Looks like such a fun weekend and pretty place!!

Lindsey said...

I love visiting Georgetown! And the Jack Wills car is so cute!

beachside cottage Linda said...

LOL-ing - I went down the "Exorcist" stairs ages ago!

Your evening looks delightful!

Linda
beachside cottage

Portuguese Prepster said...

My home is right outside of Gtown! I love it and go there often. The Tombs is on of my favorite places-always good for people watching too! We actually just got a Jake Willis here in Charlottesville too! I don't think the jeep has made it down here though.

j.mosby said...

The Tombs is one of my favorites also great atmosphere! Try 1789 up stairs next time you visit G'town. The Jack Wills vehicle is a Land Rover. Personally I prefer them painted hunter green with tan trim. Also you must go to Cafe Milano one the places the Who's Who of Washington hangout. Another old Prep watering hole is the Third Edition on near Wisconsin and M street.

Fash Boulevard said...

looks and sounds like an amazing trip. great post, love. Would love if you'd check out my tribute to Rachel Zoe in honor of tonight's premier. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure