Friday, February 25, 2011

Top 5: Movies

Recently many bloggers have been sharing their top 5 list of all sorts of things. Today I figure I would share my top 5 movies. This is a hard one because I love movies. There's nothing more relaxing than laying in bed or on the couch all cozy with friends or family and watching a good movie. Here are my top picks!
Father of the Bride- By far my all time favorite movie. This movie is absolutely timeless and so romantic but also has a comical side. Not to mention the gorgeous house that I have blogged gushed about previously. I also love the music featured in this movie; Steve Tyrell's voice is dreamy.
Titanic- The greatest love story of all time. The acting is great, Leo is looking too good, and I love the elegance that is portrayed in this film. Not to mention Kate Winslet is a total babe in this film! Sadly, a little fun fact, the Titanic sank on my birthday.
Eloise at the Plaza- I am obsessed. Seriously, this movie is filled with pink, bows and the Plaza Hotel. It's every little girls dream, and I can't help but day dream every time I watch!
Home Alone- This movie is as old as I am and is definitely Christmas appropriate. I could watch it year round. I have blogged about this movie several times before and most include how I am obsessed with the house that they McCallisters live in. I did some snooping and found that it is in Winnetka, Il.To this day, I love the way the Home Alone crew outfitted the house. The wallpapers were unique, and the colors so perfect. I think the interior design was all around timeless!
When Harry Met Sally- "I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"
And those are my top 5's!  Some honorable mentions include: The Blind Side, Risky Business, Wall-E, Friday Night Lights, I Am Legend, Meet the Robinsons, and Animal House. What are your top 5 favorite movies? I'd love to know! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

4 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

All great pics! The Blind Side is another one of my favorites. I met Mike Oher at a Christmas party and two weekends ago he was having dinner behind us! Have a great weekend. TGIF!!! xx

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

Home Alone is one of my favorite movies too! I had no idea I was in such good company with liking this movie, but I've seen on a lot of blogs lately that it's not just me that loves it!!

Crew Cricket said...

All great films!

My Top 7...

1. Pride & Prejudice
2. You've Got Mail
3. Father of the Bride
4. When Harry Met Sally
5. Four Weddings & a Funeral
6. Knotting Hill
7. Love, Actually

hmmmm.....there is a trend here I think!

Crew Cricket said...

Ohh, boy- I'm tired...

"Notting Hill"

:-)

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure