Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Vino



How neat is the above picture frame and cork-board? My parents are big wine enthusiasts and they always save the corks from the wine that they drink. My daddy had been trying to think of what to do with all of the corks, and he came up with this great idea to make an actual cork-board and several picture frames. My parents gave the picture frames out as additional gifts to their closest friends. They thought it was such a fun idea and the perfect addition to a wine cellar or bar.
The cork-board is my absolute favorite though. I think it's so neat that I wouldn't even tack anything into it! There are so many fun options for bar decorations and this is a perfect way to recycle and be creative. Have you ever done anything like this? What do you do with your corks when you finish a bottle of wine? I know my parents are always looking for new ideas! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

8 comments:

Short, Sweet, and Petite said...

I love the cork board! What a great idea! I'll have to start saving up now.

Cheryl said...

That is very cool and creative! The picture frame especially!

Annie said...

I've seen corkboards with the last name initial within the board. very cute! I've always wanted to make one of these. Maybe I'll go look at Michaels!

Jeannie said...

My aunt and uncle own a vineyard in Northern California and have many little crafts like this that their daughters made with the corks! They have never done frames, but I've seen the cork boards! Also, they somehow make cute little reindeer ornaments with the corks that look adorable!! They also make these really cute lazy susan table-top things with the top of their wine barrels, and it looks so cute and rustic!

Miss Southern Prep said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the picture frame!

Jordan said...

We do the corkboard with our wine corks. My father owns a bar and he saves ALL of the corks.

And you should change your part! You really do feel like you made a big change.

Ruth said...

I love the cork board idea. I have been saving mine but don't drink wine often enough to have enough to make one yet.

Anonymous said...

This is so neat - I love the corkboard.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure