Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hostess with the Mostess

This is the time of year when there are lots of parties to be held, dinner parties to entertain, and balls to attend. If you are a guest, it is always a rule (at least for me) to always come to the party with something in tow for the host or hostess. This doesn't have to be anything extravagant; a nice bottle of wine will do. However, if you want to be the guest to remember, then get creative!
Pottery Barn has a lot of great options and they even have a section entirely dedicated to hostess gifts. In my opinion, a hostess gift should be something that a host or hostess would find useful but wouldn't be something they would purchase for themselves. Anything monogrammed gets an A+ in my book.
I love this decanter from Pottery Barn. Perfect for any spirit enthusiast.
I love the idea of giving the host or hostess a baked good that is breakfast friendly. Chances are, the host(ess) will be up late cleaning and will love to have a delicious breakfast already prepared for them in the morning! The above sticky buns are from Williams Sonoma but something baked yourself will be just as appreciated! 
This is a great gift option! Monogrammed cutting board is good for a man or a woman and is perfect for a newlywed couple!


Moose Munch- Harry and David. For the most part, Harry and David is a bit overpriced but I LOVE their Moose Munch. Hopefully this doesn't come around the C household ever because I promise you, I will eat it all.

A Tervis Tumbler is always an appropriate choice. I love the personalized ice bucket option!
Other options include:
  • Fun cheese knives
  • caspari napkins
  • wine, champagne or any other drink of choice
  • wine markers 
  • baked goods
What are your go to host(ess) gifts? I'm always looking for great new ideas! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

2 comments:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Great options, thanks for sharing!

Charleston Girl said...

Hooray for holidays and holiday parties! :) Baked goods for the hostess is a great idea...


P.S. I'm hosting my first ever blog giveaway - please come visit! http://www.charlestongirlblog.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure