Monday, November 22, 2010

Pittsburgh Classics: The Duquesne Club

Since I am currently in Pittsburgh (only the best city in the entire world) I thought it seemed only fitting that I did a post on some amazing places around the city. Pittsburgh is a very historical city. When many people think of Pittsburgh, they think of it in its' "steel days". Well, Pittsburgh is so much more than just steel. In the first half of 2010, Pittsburgh was named America's most livable city by Forbes. If you want to learn more about Pittsburgh, you can read the post I did all about Pittsburgh! The reason I bring this up is because Pittsburgh is home to some of the most amazing cites, clubs, and restaurants that have been around forever. I'll first start off with the Duquesne Club. It was created in 1873 and then turned into a social club in 1881. It is located in downtown Pittsburgh and gained landmark status in 1976 and in 1995 it was added to the National Register of Historical Places by the United States Department of Interior. You can read more about its' history here.

The Duquesne Club is a members only club but you are able to bring guests. To gain membership you have to be invited by a current member. Members then have access to all sorts of amenities such as dining accommodations, fitness facilities, spa luxuries, and overnight privileges.
Me walking down one of the hallways in the DC. 
I think my favorite part of the Duquesne Club is the elegance that it possesses. You can most definitely tell that you are in a historical place. The events held at the Duquesne Club are top notch and no detail is left unnoticed.
The first picture was taken in the main dining room by my parents who were attending a ball this past May. The second picture is my parents at the ball. Don't they look stunning! As you can see, no detail is left unnoticed and everything is absolutely gorgeous. This would be an incredible and breathtaking place to have a wedding as well.
I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

3 comments:

erica said...

wow how fabulous is this! I just moved to Pittsburgh and wish that I could be apart of something like this.

xo

kayce hughes said...

Love the dress you are wearing. I am doing great giveaways every day this week. I would love to have you blog about it if you like.

Pink Champagne said...

Oh how I love a ballroom!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure