Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Homestead


This past weekend some sorority sisters and I packed our bags and headed to Hot Springs, Virginia to visit The Homestead! It was a much needed, relaxing getaway because we had all just had midterms! The website says:
Welcome to The Homestead,   Virginia’s finest mountain resort. Surrounded by the four-season splendor of the Allegheny Mountains, this National Historic Landmark welcomed its first guests to the beautiful Virginia countryside a decade before the American Revolution.
Presidents and princes are among the guests who have "taken the waters" in our legendary healing springs. Today, we continue to offer unequalled hospitality, elegant accommodations and distinctive Southern charm in an idyllic Virginia setting. Resort vacations at The Homestead are distinguished by historic ambience, rich traditions, and a seemingly endless array of indoor and outdoor activities.
 The weather was absolutely beautiful--a perfect fall day. The Homestead reminded me of the Greenbrier except a little more "southern" and a little more subdued. The interior was done by a company out of Richmond, VA called Beaty and Brown. I would say that the palette consisted of subdued, thick stripes, calming colors, and lots of floral.

I took this picture of the front hall from my BlackBerry. I loved the columns and all of the striped furniture.
We spent the day at the spa relaxing and chatting and toured all around the resort. The grounds are idyllic and this time of year was no doubt a wonderful time to see all of the gorgeous fall colors. For dinner, we headed to Sam Sneads which was so good! I had the burger and fries and it was delicious. It was so much fun spending time with sorority sisters. If you have not made it to The Homestead, I urge you to go for at least one night! The atmosphere oozed with timeless southern elegance, and the interior design was to die for! Have you ever been to The Homestead?
Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

3 comments:

ACH said...

I love the Homestead! I've only been once, but I hope to return soon.

All Made Up said...

Wow, this looks totally stunning! I love the colours because it all looks so bright, elegant and pretty. Even the surroundings manage to look relaxing :) Sounds like you had a great time, I'm a teensy bit jealous cos I've had the most boring week ever so a nice spa day would go down a treat!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the HOMESTEAD! So peaceful in the mountains. Their golf courses were really scorable. I actually stayed in the tower and had views out two of the sides with balconies. Wish I could get back!

TJ www.dressordine.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure