Friday, July 30, 2010

Couture Cakes

When I say the name Sylvia Weinstock, you may not have a clue who she is. But when you see her picture (to the right) then you may know just who she is. For all of you that don't, Weinstock is a baker or more of a cake designer. I had never heard of her before several years ago when I was watching an episode of "Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane" and Kimora and her two daughters visited Weinstock to pick out a cake. She is known in both L.A. and NYC for her lavish and extravagant cakes and designs... and for those thick black glasses! I don't know about you, but after seeing her gorgeous cakes I wouldn't even want to cut into one because they're just that beautiful! Here are some of my favorites:
This cake is absolutely stunning. It is presented as if it were actually a piece of artwork. Those flowers are such stunning colors.

This cake was for a wedding done at the Plaza. So this couple got my dream wedding and my dream cake, how lucky of them! I have no idea what these cakes go for but I am guessing they are as pricey as a piece of actualy artowrk would be, or as pricey as a piece of couture. Maybe one day, when I am ordering my wedding cake, I will find out! Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

**Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY that ends this Sunday, August 1!

2 comments:

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

I love looking at Sylvia Weinstock's cakes. I believe they are around ten thousand, or so. A friend of mine was actually at a wedding with a Sylvia cake, and she said that while the cake was gorgeous, it did not taste great.

DC GOP Girl said...

Ooo what beautiful cakes!

Just stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! Always happy to find other preppy, Republicans bloggers out there!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure