Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"With each word, your tenderness grows"

This past Sunday was the start of Big/Little week! I am so happy with my incoming little, and cannot wait to tell her who I am!!! I have been getting guys to deliver her baskets every night! I think she is loving it! I even had someone deliver her favorite ice cream tonight! I thought I would share this stool with you! I made her a stool by purchasing an unfinished wooden stool from Michaels. I got a ton of different paints, and decided it would be adorable to put her monogram on top because as you all know, I'm obsessed with anything monogrammed. I did this freehand, but I'm sure I could have found some stencils to do it. I did a few layers of pink paint, then I did a few layers of green paint for her initials and then coated the entire stool with a sparkly/shiny coat. It really turned out great, and I'm sure my little will love it! I think it would also be really cute in a child's bathroom or room! You can paint it any color to math with any room!I also added a crown to each side of the "feet" becuase the crown is one of our symbols! I am so excited to give this to her! If you were in a sorority, what was your favorite thing about it?
Have a great day!
Yours,
sCe

Outfit of the Day:
Sweater & Blazer: LL Bean, Jeans: Lucky, Shoes (cannot be seen): brown tassel loafers from Lands End, and Watch: Daniel Steiger

11 comments:

Lulu in D.C. said...

ah, I remember doing this...quite a few years ago. Those times are very special. I just went to my big's wedding this weekend. My big and grandbig from my sorority are two of my best friends. Hope you have a great big/little week!

mFw said...

Wow! That's really good! Your little will love it and is so lucky to have you! We rush at second semester, I can't wait!
-Mariam

StephRen said...

Awww that is too cute! I might have to try to make one for my daughter!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

We had Mothers/Daughters (G-Phi-B), and I loved getting to make gifts for my daughter! It was such a fun week, especially revealing at the end!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

That is so pretty! You are so crafty! I'm sure that she will love it and appreciate that you have really gone the extra mile for her!

*D* said...

You are too cute and remind me of one of my good friends/sisters from college. You look similar, same personality and she's from Pittsburgh and loves the Steelers :) My favorite things about being in a sorority is the friendships I've made. I graduated 2 yrs ago but I'm still really close with my sorority family. There's a special bond between a big and little that's different from any other friendship :)

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

What a fub big sis you are! And it looks like it must be cooling off, darling sweater!!

Sierra said...

Looks great, so glad the sorority is going well for you! I also like your outfit, how nice that you can bundle up now! :)

Molly said...

Oh, I wish I was crafty and my campus had Greek life! Love your outfit, perfectly fall!

theluckiestmrs said...

I love the stool! Seriously, Big/Little week was one of my absolute favorite parts of my sorority days! ;) I'm still BFF with my little sis! I can't wait to see pics of you two together!!

Kate said...

What a cute project!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure