Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pumpkin Bar Recipe!

Happy October!

A few years back, my mother came across this amazing recipe for pumpkin bars. They are called Paul's Pumpkin bars. As I've said in previous posts, I am in love with everything pumpkin. What better time for me to share this recipe with you all than fall! These are quick and easy to make, and the icing is delicious!! They are perfect to take to a fall bon-fire, a birthday treat for your child to bring to school, to send to your favorite college student, or just to spice up any dessert time or breakfast (yes I eat them in the morning with coffee, they pair so well together!).

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ICING:
  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
  3. Spread the batter evenly into an ungreased 10x15 inch jellyroll pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven. Cool before frosting.
  4. To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled bars. Cut into squares.
Enjoy!
Yours,
sCe

Outfit of the day:Entire Outfit: J. Crew

21 comments:

Blissfully Enamored said...

A. LOVE the outfit!!!

B. umm...YUM!! i am going to have to try this recipe out!!!

C. Do you have an Ulta? I ran over there yesterday and grabbed the Ulta brand Pumkin Spice shower gel...it smells SO good!!!

Who doesn't LOVE fall?!

Kelley said...

Ok, those look delicious! and I'm deffinetly making them soon.

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I love all things pumpkin as well and this recipe seems similar to a pumpkin cake that I make, so I definitely am going to try this!

Love the outfit, as always!

preppyinnewengland said...

Thanks for the recipe. Might haver to make this month for a creativefall aferschool snack!

Alyssa said...

That sounds like an amazing recipe! Thanks for sharing!

jacqueline smith said...

SO making these this weekend! thanks!

KatiePerk said...

Cute outfit! love that top. I like pumpkin recipes too! I will try these. Thanks!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Yum, yum, yum - thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

How lucky! You get to wear J Crew head to toe! :)

Sierra said...

I am in love with everything pumpkin too, those look so yummy! :) Your outfit is darling too, you have such pretty hair sweetie!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

If they taste as good as they sound and look, I am in trouble! Thank you for sharing! that yellow looks fantastic on you!!

Gerri Ward said...

YUM, YUMMY DELICIOUS! OMG! I luv,luv, luv anything and everything PUMPKIN! Thank YOU for this SWEET recipe!!!
p.s. I LUV YOUR TOP, it's Cheerful and solely FALL!!!:)

Kiss My Tiara said...

Your hair is gorgeous! What's your secret to your curls?

QueenBeeSwain said...

love the outfit and is there anything better than pumpkin bars in October?! doubt it :)

kHm

Chanel Fashionista said...

I am obsessed with all things pumpkin now too. This sounds delicious!

Posh Peach said...

These sound delicious! I will have to mix up a batch soon. Yay for fall and the return of pumpkin treats!

CRICKET said...

Cute outfit! I may have to try this recipe. Earlier in the week I made 2 loaves of pumpkin loaf which is almost gone.

Beth Dunn said...

Love your outfit oh yeah and all things pumpinky xoxo

ryder said...

this remindes me that i need breakfast fast

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Mmm I love pumpkin bars! Have a great weekend!

Nikki Cogg said...

I love pumpkin bars! My aunt has a special recipe she makes for Thanksgiving, and she always makes an extra batch just for me to take home. You have THE prettiest hair by the way!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure