Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy September!

Today is September 1st as I'm sure you all are aware. So happy September! I dislike the cold so much when walking to class or when having to wait for your car to heat up but in my opinion the cool crisp fall weather is just perfect. So enjoy your first day of September! Here are some things I love about fall:

-Riding boots
-Hot beverages whether it be green tea, coffee, latte, apple cider, hot chocolate, etc. I love them all
-Down vests. I love pairing a down vest with a turtleneck sweater. So cozy but it looks great too!
-The colorful trees. Lucky for me, my campus has a beautiful arboretum that is so beautiful in the fall; It's great to take a brisk jog throughout just to enjoy the trees.
-Sunglasses. I love wearing sunglasses at this time even more than I do in summer or winter. I don't really have a reason, but I just love them a little more.
-College Football and Steeler Sundays. Go Steelers!!
-October is BCA for our sorority which is for breast cancer awareness. We do a ton of philanthropy and fun things to really support this great cause. My favorite is the 5k.
-Pumpkin flavored anything! I love anything with a pumpkin scent, or pumpkin muffins, or pumpkin bread, or pumpkin spice lattes. They are all so yummy to me!
-Homecoming, for my college and for my high school. Since my sister is still in high school, I love when she sends me pictures of her all dressed up ready to go to the homecoming dance. Or going home for a Friday night football game so I can watch my fellow cheerleaders!
-Season premieres of shows! I love love love Grey's anatomy and Gossip girl. I cannot wait for their season premieres!What do you love most about fall? I'm so curious because everyone has different ideas. I know my mom dislikes fall becuase she doesn't like cold the least bit. But I'm ready to accept September with open arms! Have a great first day of September.
Yours,
sCe

P.S. Those of you that want to participate in my show off your dorm week, e-mail me at Summerwind41490@gmail.com with a picture of your space and a short paragraph on why you love your dorm or apartment so I can feature you next week!

**I have a very very fun pink preppy plaid (how's that for a mouth-full!) giveaway planned whenever I reach 125 posts or 275 followers, whichever comes first! Get excited!

29 comments:

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I'm not looking forward to the cold, but I do like fall (even though I hate to see summer end).

I love anything made with pumpkin, too! I love wearing scarves (with everything) and I also love when all of the tv shows start their new seasons!

Kassie said...

I'm SO in love with fall--everything about it is just fantastic!! I've been sad living in South Florida for the past couple of years, since seasons are so nonexistant. :(

Anonymous said...

love your list!! I love that cozy feeling inside that fall brings--where you feel all warm and fuzzy....It is the start of a lot of fun activities to keep busy with and of coarse it is leading up to the grand finale Christmas....then its back to wanting to be outside again! haha

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I hate leaving summer behind, but your list makes me a little bit excited for fall :)

Mrs. Fabulous said...

You're a girl after my own heart!

Grey's, Gossip Girl and Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

Bring on Fall!!!!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I love the trees changing, spiced cider and homemade soups! Happy first day of September!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

I love the fall, but since we had such a cold, rainy summer in New England I'm not 100% ready for it yet.

I totally agree about the love of ANYTHING pumpkin!

Lauren said...

I do love fall, but never enjoy it as much as I want because I am thinking about yucky winter. Sigh. So, this fall I am going to enjoy it all...especially SMORES and the teddy bear hat (complete with ears) that I just ordered for my baby!

Jules said...

Fall is by far my favorite season, but it is hard saying goodbye to summer.

We love a lot of the same things about the season. Here are some of my favorites: Friday night football games at my old high school, pumpkins, hayrides, fall sunsets, foliage...I could go on and on!

Katherine said...

I love your blog and your fun "fall list" -- how perfect! Fall is my favorite season. I love the colors, the scents, fall fashion, the upcoming holidays --everything!

JKC said...

Yay! I'm so excited for fall too, so this entry made me smile:) Have a great day!

Sierra said...

I can't wait for Grey's and Gossip Girl either, should be soooo good! I love your list doll, sounds like you are all geared up for September! Hope you are enjoying your dorm room and classes! XO!

Christy said...

Football!!

Our house already smells of pumpkin spice, I love it, even though it's still over 100 every day here!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I am so glad this month is here, and cooler weather will be on its way!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I LOOOOVE fall. Everything about it! The colors, the food, pumpkins, Thanksgiving....on and on I could go. :)

- said...

Like you I OBSESS about pumpkin bread and the p.s. latte! I love skinny jeans with my riding boots and a tailored jacket with a scarf. I love football (so excited after last year) and hamburgers mmm!..I also get to bring out my glittered pumpkins!
Fall is my favorite season!

KAC said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE Fall and can't wait for Gossip/Grey's too!

Amanda K said...

I am totally looking forward to Fall.

Kelly said...

oh this is such a great list! i'm such a fan for fall time!

and i LOVEEEEE gossip girl and cannot wait for the season premier. SO EXCITED!!!!

Rachel said...

I love pumpkin flavored goodies! my fave! i love everything about fall. football, hot chocolate, leaves.... SIGH>

Bridges and Bites said...

I also love fall! I'm excited to see Pittsburgh in the fall as well. :-) I love wearing sweaters and getting cozy with a warm drink in the fall.

Muffy said...

Oh, what a great post! I was sad about the passing of summer until I read this!

Gerri Ward said...

HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!!!
I don't like the COLD but I do luv the HOT DELICIOUS DRINKS, THE COLORS OF FALL, FAB SOLES and SWEATERS!!!
p.s. SCARVES and PUMPKINS TOO!!!

Posh Peach said...

Happy September! Your post has me excited for fall. I love pumpkin things!!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

OK, let's be honest, I know I'm old enough to be your mom but your blog is just so darn cute! I've got a 21 year old son, and two daughters - 19 and 17. I love reading about your college life and seeing the cute pictures and all your fun outfits! Thanks for stopping by my blog and you come by any time you want. OH, and about the fall - I'm right there with you! I love pumpkin anything. ♥

Beth Dunn said...

I love wearing sweaters and pants again, oh yes and scarves! xoxo

Domestic Diva said...

LOVE LOVE fall.... I love Stubbs & Woottons in the fall and that pumpkin coffee drink at Starbucks!!
Have a fabulous day!!!
xxxx me

Kalee said...

Great post!

Nicole Marie said...

yay for boots and pumpkin pie!!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure